Maslow Firmware not uploading -using arduinoIDE- Need help fast!

Hi I am new to Maslow and I’m having a little trouble with uploading the firmware onto the Arduino. I do as the instructions say and press upload and this message comes up,

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

Sketch uses 54662 bytes (21%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 1887 bytes (23%) of dynamic memory, leaving 6305 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Please let me know how to fix it! Thanks.

That error means that the Arduino program can’t connect to the board.

Is Ground Control open?

Were you able to select the correct COM port?

In assembly guide ground control is the next step after firmware is uploaded

Sorry I should have been more clear. If Ground Control is open it can prevent the firmware from uploading correctly.

Can you tell me more about what is going on? Is this the first time you are uploading the firmware or have you don’t it before in the past?

What kind of computer are you using?

Does the green “USB” connected light show up on the Maslow board? Does the 12 volt light show up?

using a windows 7
usb light lights up
first time uploading and I am doing everything exactly as the instructions say step by step.
I really don’t know what else to do

Are you positive that the COM port selected is for the Arduino (if you unplug the USB does the option go away)?

Is the 12 volt power supply connected? It might be worth disconnecting it for this step just to eliminate variables.

There is only the option which is com1
is there a specific place to plug it in?

That sounds like a drivers issue to me. Most windows computers always have a COM1 set as something internal.

The first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the arduino IDE. It should come with all of the drivers.

I will look around online and see what else I can find

1 Like

I tried uninstalling it and now i have COM1 and COM3 but tried upload with both and no luck

1 Like

Excellent! That is progress!

What is the error message you see when using COM3?

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

Sketch uses 54662 bytes (21%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 1887 bytes (23%) of dynamic memory, leaving 6305 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Ok, so the same message :thinking:

Do you by any chance have access to a different computer to try?

no sorry

actually i just noticed that in Tools-Programmer
it says AVRISP mkII

Hmmmm, that’s the same on mine

then it is probably not important. ill take a screen shot to see if anything is different

1 Like

Well that error message doesn’t give us much to go on does it :thinking:

If you click the “copy error message” does it say any more in the copied text?

just what I posted earlier. also i did the pic wrong:

1 Like

If you take the Maslow shield off there is a little black button that will make it reset, that could be worth pressing and maybe try to upload without the Maslow shield attached.

I’m a little bit stumped. It seems like that error can have a whole host of causes.

I can send you a new Arduino for testing so that we will eliminate that as a possibility but that’s not “fast”