Now I want to make a Screw Board

Not a project yet, but now I want to muck around and see if I can cut threaded boards:

Doesnt have to be anything proprietary because I’d be making my own threaded bolts too.
Let me know if anyone has experience doing something like this.

1 Like

Those chunky plastic bolts remind me of the toy workbench my kids played with way back when!

I feel like you could at least get all of the holes done with the maslow, but I would expect you’d be tapping them by hand. I suppose there is a possibility it could spiral downwards with a properly shaped bit, just seems unlikely to me.

What could be a huge advancement on the designs in the link you shared would be having the maslow cut slots that you could inset 3D printed T-nuts in and save on filament and print time instead of printing the whole wall.

With something like this in the mix, you could make the threads match these dowels, lop each of these in half to have 100 screw pegs for $10, and save even more print time just printing press-fit knurled handles for each.

1 Like

Yes! I have a kid that plays with them now! Why didn’t I think of that. Now I can source them from Kmart!
I might see if they line up on a thread gauge.

A slotting bit can do this, but we are talking about a big screw thread with that one.