OpenDesk files gone?

That is awesome man much appreciated I have a few files Roxanne chair team desk a couple random things if you want them I will email them to you if you want them there on my work system so wont be until monday

1 Like

I run a pretty serious rig they got about 250k invested in it (machine and tooling) only 3 axis it belongs to my company the advertising industry is dieng in my area I would really like to grab one of these machines and start producing outside my work for some side work have you guys have any success making opendesk

Yes, I am working on something like that right now. I should have it up and running in a week or so :D…at least as a prototype

4 Likes

Thanks for doing this. Also your profile pic is awesome.

Hi guys, I appreciate all the files that have been share on this thread. But does anyone have the Meeting Table files by any chance?

Welcome to the community! It’s actually a couple of posts up. @abetusk posted a link to his github, which has it.

Post #48:

Hi Everyone!

I’m just getting back and noticing that many of you did not get a chance to download the file from my last post with ALL of the Opendesk designs. This new link should be good for a week. @abetusk, please feel free to use this link (https://we.tl/t-0V6NyjM4Sk) to add the designs your repo is missing so we can all have access to all of the current design files…without expiring links :slight_smile:

Happy cutting everyone!

3 Likes

Thanks @jonas, I’m sure many people will be thankful of the link. Unfortunately I don’t feel comfortable hosting non-commercial and no-derivative licensed work. The terms of the license make it ambiguous at best as to whether I can host it and at worst open myself and others to liability issues.

I carefully picked all design files that were under an actual open/free/libre license and put them in my repo. I intentionally omitted the non-commercial and no-derivative files because of their non-open nature.

Hopefully your link will be available long enough for people to make good use out of it but I don’t feel comfortable participating in distributing non-libre work.

@bar, any more word on hosting these files yourself? I think the garden has other non-libre work as well so maybe you feel better about hosting non-libre design files. Do you need any help with getting your file hosting solution up and running?

4 Likes

My thinking is that the best way to do this is to draw up everything we want on Maslow Create. That way the files will be hosted in a much better format where you will be able to tweak things like wood thickness easily and download gcode directly to be ready to cut.

There are still a few things on my todo list before we’ll be ready, but I will try to have a demo project ready in the next week or so.

2 Likes

Hi there!

Anyone have the Edie set or Valovi chair files? I’ve just discover this thread now and the files already expired… :frowning:

thanks!

1 Like

Is there anyway that I could bother you to post another link? We just setup our CNC and were looking forward to making several designs that are no longer available.

Pretty please with a cherry on top :smile:

1 Like

Please post another link?

Pretty pretty please?! :blush:

1 Like

Just tried OpenDesk and still can’t download anything.

@jonas could you provide an updated link?
Once I grab them, I can host them for others.

1 Like

@alyx,

Thanks @WoodCutter4 but apparently @abetusk doesn’t have everything that @jonas had.
That’s why I was asking @jonas specifically.

But thanks none the less!

1 Like

@jonas Any chance I can get that link? It was down when I got to it. Please and Thank you.

github is not very easy to figure out… I just want to download the DXF files and… I can’t figure it out.

All I want to do is download the dxf files but in order to I need to download the entire repository of unknown size? github is lame

right under the clone button there is the ability to download a zip of just the
current versions of all the files rather than the entire history.

David Lang

but when you go to the maslow folder that is not an option. I just want everything in the …\maslow\opendesk\ folder