Opendesk Edie Table

Stools to come!!

7 Likes

That’s fantastic! I’m planning to do one of those in a couple weeks. Thank you for sharing photos

How did you get the files? When I looked they were offline and I emailed OpenDesk technical support.

Edit: I was looking for the Cafe Table which looks very similar :grimacing:

1 Like

@bar, Is the cafe table one of the newer designs? I noticed on one that I tried to get for personal use recently was only for commercial download.
When I first saw your video on the Olivia desk, I was sold on Maslow and OpenDesk!! I got on their site and downloaded pretty much every design they had, for personal use of coarse :smile: Even if I never use, Ill have them!!

1 Like

I emailed them about that and they did end up giving me the files. I think they are worried about people downloading them and making them commercially without paying. I get where they are coming from, but since the name is Open Desk it seems a little unfair to not be open, right? :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @bar for letting me know!! Btw, here is the final product. A little peeled around the handles, still trying to play around with bits and speeds. Wondering if since it was on the final depth of cut side, if I should use a compression bit for the final 1-2 passes? It was cut completely with your general double spiral up bit, most consistent for me and cant beat the price!!! Anywhere!!!

7 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

That’s my go-to bit as well. The compression bit might help. I also find that some plywood is more prone to tear out than others.

Thanks for the complete set photo! I love seeing the things everyone builds!

1 Like

I’d like to start highlighting the cool projects people are doing in the weekly updates again. Can I use your your pictures and give you credit in the update @clintloggins? I think everyone would be excited to see that you built the complete set!

2 Likes

@bar please do!! Thanks!!

1 Like

Thanks @clintloggins ! :+1::+1:

Very nice @clintloggins !

1 Like

@clintloggins @bar,hello,I plan to make some opendesk furniture in my own lab—Fablab Zhengzhou,I email to opendesk but noone answers,could you mind send me the files(dxf and assembly guide) ?Ipromise not for bussiness,thankx.hunterv587(@)gmail.com

I am sorry but about what bit are you talking about? :slight_smile:

Hi - would it be possible to send me the dxf files for the edie set? Opendesk will not respond to emails or calls. mitch.meiss@gmail.com Thank you!

Do you have a Maslow?

Could someone share these designs? I only could find some of them from github but others are neither there or opendesk site.

Could you send me those files? I am setting my studio and I would love to do some of these designs.

Best

We are not opendesk or connected to them in any way. Opendesk decided to pull their files and we have no way to access or provide them. Sorry. Best to contact them but the word is they don’t respond.

We discussed the opendesk files in the past, which for some reason made the all knowing giggle move us up in it’s search list. Doesn’t mean we’re opendesk, have the files, etc. Try searching some more, supposedly somebody not connected to us has put them on github.

@bar this might be another thread to lock. If they exist on github perhaps a link there with a disclaimer might help these poor users that happen to surf in.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a bummer that open desk isn’t open anymore :slightly_frowning_face: and that we come up when googling for the files.

I’ll lock this thread, but I’d like to some day be able to offer something like the open desk designs for free again. There is a big need for good files that are ready to use.