OpenDesk files gone?

Yes, I am working on something like that right now. I should have it up and running in a week or so :D…at least as a prototype

4 Likes

Thanks for doing this. Also your profile pic is awesome.

Hi guys, I appreciate all the files that have been share on this thread. But does anyone have the Meeting Table files by any chance?

Welcome to the community! It’s actually a couple of posts up. @abetusk posted a link to his github, which has it.

Post #48:

Hi Everyone!

I’m just getting back and noticing that many of you did not get a chance to download the file from my last post with ALL of the Opendesk designs. This new link should be good for a week. @abetusk, please feel free to use this link (https://we.tl/t-0V6NyjM4Sk) to add the designs your repo is missing so we can all have access to all of the current design files…without expiring links :slight_smile:

Happy cutting everyone!

3 Likes

Thanks @jonas, I’m sure many people will be thankful of the link. Unfortunately I don’t feel comfortable hosting non-commercial and no-derivative licensed work. The terms of the license make it ambiguous at best as to whether I can host it and at worst open myself and others to liability issues.

I carefully picked all design files that were under an actual open/free/libre license and put them in my repo. I intentionally omitted the non-commercial and no-derivative files because of their non-open nature.

Hopefully your link will be available long enough for people to make good use out of it but I don’t feel comfortable participating in distributing non-libre work.

@bar, any more word on hosting these files yourself? I think the garden has other non-libre work as well so maybe you feel better about hosting non-libre design files. Do you need any help with getting your file hosting solution up and running?

4 Likes

My thinking is that the best way to do this is to draw up everything we want on Maslow Create. That way the files will be hosted in a much better format where you will be able to tweak things like wood thickness easily and download gcode directly to be ready to cut.

There are still a few things on my todo list before we’ll be ready, but I will try to have a demo project ready in the next week or so.

2 Likes

Hi there!

Anyone have the Edie set or Valovi chair files? I’ve just discover this thread now and the files already expired… :frowning:

thanks!

1 Like

Is there anyway that I could bother you to post another link? We just setup our CNC and were looking forward to making several designs that are no longer available.

Pretty please with a cherry on top :smile:

1 Like

Please post another link?

Pretty pretty please?! :blush:

1 Like

Just tried OpenDesk and still can’t download anything.

@jonas could you provide an updated link?
Once I grab them, I can host them for others.

1 Like

@alyx,

Thanks @WoodCutter4 but apparently @abetusk doesn’t have everything that @jonas had.
That’s why I was asking @jonas specifically.

But thanks none the less!

1 Like

@jonas Any chance I can get that link? It was down when I got to it. Please and Thank you.

github is not very easy to figure out… I just want to download the DXF files and… I can’t figure it out.

All I want to do is download the dxf files but in order to I need to download the entire repository of unknown size? github is lame

right under the clone button there is the ability to download a zip of just the
current versions of all the files rather than the entire history.

David Lang

but when you go to the maslow folder that is not an option. I just want everything in the …\maslow\opendesk\ folder

there is a way to do that with the git protocol, lookkup a narrow clone (I don’t
have a good ref for it at the moment)

yes, git was not designed to be a generic filesystem, it was designed to hold
sets of changes. GitHub is ‘abusing’ it to be the backend of the wiki, and then
we are ‘abusing’ that to be the community garden.

it’s not surprising that this isn’t as good as you would like sometimes :slight_smile:

someone that knows github more than me helped me out and forked just the maslow stuff to their github thing…