Possible sled damage from shipping?

Received my M4 kit a few months ago (backer #437) and did not open the box until about a week ago. Finally got it all assembled a couple days ago, and I thought everything looked good until I went to attach my freshly printed dust collector shroud… It looks like the sled may have taken some damage in shipping around where the shroud meets the sled (see attached images). I’m curious what others (or maybe even @bar) might think. I’m pretty sure the smaller “chip” on the right side is just that (minor damage/a chip), but I’m less sure about the gap on the left side (but it does look a bit too organic to be intentional).

I know this won’t prevent the machine from working (and I can probably just put some tape over it or something), but definitely pretty bummed I didn’t see this until after getting it fully assembled.

Maybe it’s too early in the morning, but I don’t see it, can you circle it in the photo?

I have almost identical pieces missing from the top edges of the sled. Looks like it could have come straight from the factory like this.

It takes down the efficiency of the vacuum a bit, but not a huge problem.

1 Like

Ah, I see now. Looks pretty minor, i wonder if mine is the same, will look when I get home.

1 Like

Yeah, Id say that looks like shipping damage. Sorry about that! I would send you a new one but we are out of sleds at the moment :smiling_face_with_tear: Some electrical tape or glue may be worth a shot?

1 Like

All good, was really just trying to raise a flag in case this hasn’t already been noted. I feel like I remember seeing some mention of something like this in one of the updates, but figured I’d bring it up here just in case this was different.

While not ideal, nor the end of the world, it makes me feel better knowing that I’m not alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, we received some reports of this with the earlier kits and changed up our packing sequence which seemed to help. As backer 437 you probably got one of those earlier kits :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sure enough, I ordered right before they started shipping (late to the party), and no damage here.