Project of the Indeterminate Timeframe / Community Gardener for Early May-ish 2019

Nominations are open for Project of the “Week” (PotW) and Community Gardener (CG) awards. You can nominate simply by replying to this thread. Self-nominations are allowed. I am playing the timeframe of this competition by ear, based on the flow of projects and nominations.

The winning users will receive a “Project of the Week” or “Community Gardener” badge, and tungsten carbide goodness from our friends @MakerMadeCNC.

The approximate weekly schedule is: nominations open right after the previous week’s poll posts, nominations close no earlier than Saturday, voting Sunday through Wednesday, polls close automatically on Wednesday. After nominations from the community have been made, I’ll post a poll for the community to pick a winner. If we don’t get enough nominations, I will randomly select projects from previous weeks’ nominations, other sources, and of course the Community Garden website to appear in a poll. Projects that don’t win in a poll can be renominated on subsequent weeks. Any project can only win once, but any person can win multiple times.

What makes a PotW? It can be a project (old or new) made on a Maslow CNC that shows off the Maslow’s capabilities, or demonstrates a new way of using the Maslow, or just plain looks cool.

What makes a Community Gardener? It can be anyone who creates or contributes to a project on the Community Garden website (http://maslowcommunitygarden.org/). By posting to the CG, you make the project available to the community and you create the opportunity for other users to improve on your design. Vote however you like, but I hope to encourage collaborative projects.

Final note: like most things here on the forums, the community is what makes PotW/CG successful. Suggestions for improving the PotW/CG and volunteers to help run the thread are always welcome.

4 Likes

I’ll start out with one I missed last year. It’s a simple build, but shows how the Maslow can solve a storage problem.

2 Likes

I’m going to nominate this etched mirror by Chris. I’m not even sure if he posted it on the forum, I know he posted it on facebook maslow group, but it’s a master piece in thinking outside the box.
link to project below

5 Likes

Woah, that is so cool! Thanks for posting that, I hadn’t seen it

1 Like
3 Likes

3 Likes

Milking cow game made my wife for nursing home activity they love to play

1 Like

I nominate this sign made by Nicholas. I like the design and the paint job too.j
link to project below

5 Likes

table surfing

5 Likes

Time for some polls! Two polls this time, so be sure to scroll down and votes again!

Project of the Week

• LakeWorthB’s Skateboard Rack
  • Chris Borgia@Facebook’s Etched Mirror
  • UNUS_TRESQUATRO’s Surf Table
  • MGSR’s Milking Cow Game
  • Nicholas Longanecker@Facebook’s Yoga Studio Sign

0 voters

Nicholas Longanecker@Facebook’s Yoga Studio Sign

MGSR’s Milking Cow Game
![image](https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard11/uploads/maslowcnc/original/2X/a/a0c0239ff3a12a9a7fb2bdbb94091822c41627dd.jpeg
https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard11/uploads/maslowcnc/original/2X/a/a9a9c2e300b5fac05070ead9af22853c2ab99fe6.jpeg)

UNUS_TRESQUATRO’s Surf Table

Chris Borgia@Facebook’s Etched Mirror

LakeWorthB’s Skateboard Rack

Community Gardener

• Storage Rack for Plastic Organisers
  • Router Bungie Cap
  • Ground Control Automatic Release Script
  • Pour Over Coffee Stand

0 voters

Pour Over Coffee Stand

Ground Control Automatic Release Script

Router Bungie Cap