Project of the Week / Community Gardener for July 4, 2018

Special note: This competition will be on an odd schedule. It will be finalized on Wednesday, July 4, but I won’t be available to set up the poll before July 1 at the earliest, so it may be a short turnaround poll. After that we will return to a normal schedule as outlined in the boilerplate text below.

Nominations are open for this week’s Project of the Week (PotW) and Community Gardener (CG) awards. You can nominate simply by replying to this thread. Self-nominations are allowed.

The selected project will be highlighted in the Maslow newsletter. The user will receive a “Project of the Week” or “Community Gardener” badge on the forums, a cold hard tungsten carbide prize from Bar and Hannah, and a free drink at any one of Berea, Ohio’s fine dining establishments. Getting here is on you!

The approximate weekly schedule is: nominations close no earlier than Saturday, voting Sunday & Monday, announcement Tuesday. After nominations from the community have been made, I’ll post a poll for the community to pick a winner. If we don’t get enough nominations, I will randomly select projects from previous weeks’ nominations, the back issues of the Maslow newsletter, Made on Maslow, and of course the Community Garden website to appear in a poll. Projects that don’t win in a poll can be renominated on subsequent weeks. Any project can only win once, but any person can win multiple times.

What makes a PotW? It can be a project (old or new) made on a Maslow CNC that shows off the Maslow’s capabilities, or demonstrates a new way of using the Maslow, or just plain looks cool. There is also a Maslow Community Contributor of the Week for great contributions to the Maslow community, which is run by TheRiflesSpiral; nominations which better fit that award will be forwarded to him.

What makes a Community Gardener? It can be anyone who creates or contributes to a project on the Community Garden website (http://maslowcommunitygarden.org/). By posting to the CG, you make the project available to the community and you create the opportunity for other users to improve on your design. Vote however you like, but I hope to encourage collaborative projects.

Final note: like most things here on the forums, the community is what makes PotW/CG successful. Suggestions for improving the PotW/CG and volunteers to help run the thread are always welcome.

2 Likes

Should we go for the Triple Crown?

I nominate this

7 Likes

http://maslowcommunitygarden.org/Christmas---Grinch-Family---Cindy-Lou-Who.html.

I nominate this chair:

5 Likes

I’ll throw my grinch into here. I finished both projects this week and uploaded both to community garden.
I’ll try to keep the files coming. http://maslowcommunitygarden.org/Christmas---Grinch-Family---Grinch.html

5 Likes

I have been out of town in an area with limited internet, and I have missed my daily Maslow fix. It’s great to see a nice crop of project nominations! Let’s start our polls. As usual, there are two polls, so scroll down!

Community Gardener

• Mudroom Storage Bench
  • PlyPad Module 2 (Shelves)
  • 3D Printed Linkage
  • Ground Control

0 voters

Ground Control

3D Printed Linkage

PlyPad Module 2 (Shelves)

Mudroom Storage Bench

Project of the Week

• Cbolt360’s Carousel Horse Night Light
  • Sharpsburg_Woodworke’s Grinch Family Cindy-Lou Who
  • HugoCas’ “Check Cut” Chair
  • Sharpsburg_Woodworke’s Grinch Family Grinch

0 voters

Sharpsburg_Woodworke’s Grinch Family Grinch

HugoCas’ “Check Cut” Chair

Sharpsburg_Woodworke’s Grinch Family Cindy-Lou Who

Cbolt360’s Carousel Horse Night Light

3 Likes

Is it me or is the image of my project not loading?

The image loads in this corner of the web, but they are all pretty slow. Large files, I’m guessing…

1 Like

Very odd I see it at top of thread where nominated but at the bottom it just doesn’t load. Maybe it’s because I’m on my phone lol.

In this part of the world it just shows

under Cindy-Lou Who.
The image is actually a link to a video…

but the word image makes it not show.

4 Likes

Good detective work, Gero! I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

This week’s polls were close, each of the winners with only one vote more than the next finisher. In the Community Garden the PlyPad Module 2 took the prize, while Cbolt360’s Carousel Horse Night Light won the Project of the week. Great projects, everyone!

5 Likes