Project of the Week / Community Gardener for September 19, 2018

Nominations are open for this week’s Project of the Week (PotW) and Community Gardener (CG) awards. You can nominate simply by replying to this thread. Self-nominations are allowed.

The selected project will be highlighted in the Maslow newsletter. The user will receive a “Project of the Week” or “Community Gardener” badge on the forums, a cold hard tungsten carbide prize from Bar and Hannah, and @aluminumwelder’s guide to trochoidal handwriting.

The approximate weekly schedule is: nominations open right after the previous week’s poll posts, nominations close no earlier than Saturday, voting Sunday through Wednesday, polls close automatically on Wednesday. After nominations from the community have been made, I’ll post a poll for the community to pick a winner. If we don’t get enough nominations, I will randomly select projects from previous weeks’ nominations, the back issues of the Maslow newsletter, Made on Maslow, and of course the Community Garden website to appear in a poll. Projects that don’t win in a poll can be renominated on subsequent weeks. Any project can only win once, but any person can win multiple times.

What makes a PotW? It can be a project (old or new) made on a Maslow CNC that shows off the Maslow’s capabilities, or demonstrates a new way of using the Maslow, or just plain looks cool. There is also a Maslow Community Contributor of the Week for great contributions to the Maslow community, which is run by TheRiflesSpiral; nominations which better fit that award will be forwarded to him.

What makes a Community Gardener? It can be anyone who creates or contributes to a project on the Community Garden website (http://maslowcommunitygarden.org/). By posting to the CG, you make the project available to the community and you create the opportunity for other users to improve on your design. Vote however you like, but I hope to encourage collaborative projects.

Final note: like most things here on the forums, the community is what makes PotW/CG successful. Suggestions for improving the PotW/CG and volunteers to help run the thread are always welcome.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I’m not sure if this was already nominated in an unfinished form, but I think it deserves another shot even if it was because the results are fantastic

1 Like

Even as I was composing this week’s poll, another nomination came in, so there are lots to choose from! Two votes per poll, and two polls, so scroll down and vote again!

Project of the Week

• Dustcloud's Shop/Home Signs
  • Jetstar's Father's Day Sign
  • ShadyG's Fishing Rod Holder
  • GrNeoP's LED Acryllic Dance Competition Letters
  • Jetstar's Rhino Bookcase
  • simon_makes's Cell PC Case Build
  • rossboss's 3-D Pizza
  • awsmith's Econ Class Skateboards

0 voters

awsmith's Econ Class Skateboards

rossboss's 3-D Pizza

simon_makes's Cell PC Case Build

Jetstar's Rhino Bookcase

GrNeoP's LED Acryllic Dance Competition Letters

ShadyG's Fishing Rod Holder

Jetstar's Father's Day Sign

Dustcloud's Shop/Home Signs

Community Gardener

• Z axis 37mm motor holder for C-Beam Open builds 40x80 aluminum profile. and motor mount.
  • Maslow Tablet Holder
  • Template Picnic Table
  • Maslow Brains Motor Shield

0 voters

Maslow Brains Motor Shield

Template Picnic Table

Maslow Tablet Holder

Z axis 37mm motor holder for C-Beam Open builds 40x80 aluminum profile. and motor mount.

I get this error:

Poll must be open to vote.

That’s odd. I did it the same way as last week, and when I look at the polls, there’s a “close” button, which allows me to close the polls manually. So I’m not seeing the problem. Can someone else confirm they can’t vote as well? @blurfl, do you get the error when you try to check the boxes or when you try to register your vote?

Hmm. Maybe the autoclose date being set for last Wednesday is a problem. Try it now.

1 Like

:+1:t2::100:

This was an impressive week for Project of the Week. First, there were a record number of nominations, then there were a record number of voters! In the end simon_makes’ Cell PC Case Build took the prize.

For Community Gardener, the Maslow Brains motor shield easily outpaced the rest of the field.

Congratulations to all the nominees! Remember, there’s still time to nominate for next week.

4 Likes

Wow, gotta say…this was nerve-wrecking! :sweat_smile:
Thank you all for your support, it means the world to me, really!

I shall return with more awesome :grin:

3 Likes

I told you so! :grin: Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thank you @ShadyG!
Maybe we should let each other know before finishing future projects… :wink:

1 Like

Nicely done & congrats! The case turned out awesome!.

2 Likes

Thanks! You’re a worthy competitor - the voting was ever so close!
I wish you and the class all the best, a really cool project.

1 Like