Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden Newsletter

Recommendations for Router Bits

Is there a list of the recommended router bits needed to get started? Does the community have recommendations on Bit quality, good bits vs bad? I am almost finished setting up my Maslow and realized I don’t have any bits yet.

Thanks,

You may want to use the search function as there are several threads that cover this question.

To get you started:

BUT USING THE SEACH FUNCTION IS SO HARD!!! I WANT MY ANSWERS NOW!!!
Totally spaced on searching, HA!

Thanks

LOL :slight_smile:
Apparently you can’t just put in “LOL”

giggle/images/search = forums.maslowcnc.com+router+bits

Edit: Sorry but a list does not exist as many different kind are tested but not compared to each other.
For our feed-rates a 1 flute up-cut carbite bit would in theory be best, but i’ve seen perfect cuts with other bits.

Ok so this video was posted on another thread and it made me curious regarding the router bits. A lot of conversation is had over the upspiral bits, I am curious after watching the video as to whether the straight bits would be an option as they appear to have a much cleaner cut. Thoughts?

Thanks,

I use a straight blade bit and have found it works well. I bought an expensive one that has a replaceable blade and is made by CMT. There is a thread on here that did the math and found that over the course of a few bits, the cost of the CMT is recouped.