Shaft Coupler for R2202

Hi,

I’m assembling my Maslow CNC kit from MakerMade and it’s going well.

One issue I came across:

Z-axis shaft coupler goes well on motor but not on my rigid r2202 router. My digital calipers tell me router height adjuster diameter is 9.5mm while coupler is only 8mm (wider opening). In all the assembly instructions it appears you can slide it right on to one another, but I’m missing 1.5mm.

Is there a trick or did they send me the wrong coupler?

Same thing happened to me. I use a 3/8 inch drill bit in a drill press to make the hole bigger. Hope that helps

2 Likes

I do have a Rigid. And for me the coupler did fit right on. But it is possible the router manufacturer under the Rigid brand (RYOBI) proceeded with some design changes (production optimisation?).

1 Like

same thing happened to me and maker made sent the wrong one and sent me a new one next day air and it worked fine

1 Like

https://maslowsurplusparts.com/ also has some of the ones we used to sell for sale

If anyone that bought our kit has trouble with their coupler, just email me at info@makermadecnc.com and we will mail you a replacement coupler.

2 Likes

The coupler that came with my Maslow Z-axis I received in December doesn’t fit my Ridgid router – the hole on the coupler is too small and doesn’t fit over the shaft on the router. The bag it came in was simply labeled “Z bag”, so I don’t even know what coupler size I received. I sent an email to MakerMadeCND per previous post back in mid April, but no response and I’m tired of manual adjusting bit depth.

What is the correct size coupler for Ridgid R2200 router and how/where do I order it?

1 Like

Send us an email at support@makermadecnc.com with your order number and request a replacement coupler. Will ship out same day.
-Chris

1 Like

I’m still hoping to get answer to question about the correct size Z-access shaft coupler for Ridgid R22002 router and how/where I can order it. Per a previous post recommendation I’ve send a number of emails to Maker Made CNC support, but that doesn’t seem to be effective. I’m pretty sure I can find someone selling it online if I knew the correct size. Thanks.

I apologize for the frustration. If you can send me a PM on here with your shipping details, I’ll have one sent out today.

-Chris