Should I build and add the 4 Gear covers?

Hi I am asking if it is advisable to make the 3D printed triangled belt rerouter for the 4 arms and add those before I go to further with calibration? I see here allot of people are having issues with the belts getting jammed up and yes I agree during the build, the design could have been better in including that into the arms during making them.

In another issue when winding up or spooling the belt material onto each of the arms I noticed the belts, once full would eventually rub up to the gears and still have about 2 feet left on the belt? Do I cut off the excess?

I am asking if once the spools are full does the unit sensor and stop retracting? and is what s on the full spool enough to retract and extend out to where the maximum length to reach where you need to anchor it? Thanks Craig of Turlock CA

Craig Iwo wrote:

In another issue when winding up or spooling the belt material onto each of the arms I noticed the belts, once full would eventually rub up to the gears and still have about 2 feet left on the belt? Do I cut off the excess?

I am asking if once the spools are full does the unit sensor and stop retracting? and is what s on the full spool enough to retract and extend out to where the maximum length to reach where you need to anchor it? Thanks Craig of Turlock CA

there is no sensor to detect that the spools are full, just that it takes too
much force to move the spools.

What we are seeing is that when the machine winds the spools, they can pack more
belt on them than when you wind them by hand, go through a few cycles of
extending/retracting the belts and they will probably spool all the way in.

David Lang

1 Like

thanks how about the 4 3D printed triangle gear ruters on the arms go ahead and do so? thanks

1 Like

they will help, I haven’t bothered taking my arms apart to do that, but if you
have a 3d printer handy to be able to print them, it won’t hurt and could help.

If you don’t let the belt get too slack, it’s not likely to get caught in the
gears, the new cover makes it safer.

David Lang

1 Like

Thank you David appreciate the feedback, yes I do have a printer will go ahead and do so, the arms are back off and I will do so and respond back on the forum on its success in preventative gear issues. One more question? As downloaded from the maslow sight are they set to print 100% accurate to size? and this goes for the dust collector printouts I have a 4" hose outtet, if printed as its downloaded it will fit correctly? Thanks

1 Like

I don’t know.

David Lang

Printing a dust cover now, I checked mount hole spacing and that looks like a perfect fit. Print will be done after midnight PST will report final result tomorrow.

1 Like

Dust cover completed, printed from the .stl with no modifications.
The 4 mount holes around the larger diameter are a perfect fit, the two holes that overlap the plexiglass dust cover are off by more than half a hole ( too close together ).
The outlet diameter listed is the outside diameter of the attach point for the hose, I have Craftsman and Ridgid shop vac hoses which are 2.3 inches so will require an adapter to connect.

1 Like