Sled lifting during small moves or traveling right to left

MaslowLifting
Seems like the Down Right belt isn’t pulling as tight as the other three which is causing it to lift especially on small moves. Any ideas what could cause this?

1 Like

That looks like the sled is not sliding as it should, try waxing the bottom of
the sled to reduce friction.

David Lang

1 Like

I agree with making it slide more, put also giving it a bit more tilt can help push the sled against the wood while cutting

What angle is your work piece at?

1 Like

I’m running calibrations and having the same issue. I measure my surface to be 15 Degrees. Any ideas?

I found 15 degrees to be not quite enough either and was having the same issue. Fortunately, my frame is basically just leaning against a wall right now so for me I just pulled the bottom out more - probably ~20 degrees or so. I’ll eventually build the bracing for it, but its not sliding at all for me right now just sitting on the concrete in my garage.

1 Like

Roughly 20 degrees. The bottom is out at about 24in from the wall and the top is at 72in from the floor. It definitely helped I also go some food grade wax like what is used on chopping boards to help grease the sled.

1 Like

I remember reading that the max angle was 60 or 70 degrees off horizontal, just can’t remember where. Would expect issues above that.

1 Like

What type of bit and rpm? A new sharp carbide single flute upcut bit with trim router running 10k rpm or slower? With Vac hose attached to help clear away chips (and heat).

1 Like