Sled test 2... better but strange veering in bottom left segment

Great to hear!

if you are planning to cut furniture, I would probably look into an alternative z-axis. I have been very happy with a c-beam setup, and the increase in z-axis speed is a very nice bonus, but the avoidance of all the stock z-axis headaches is what really sold me on it. Here is a good thread to look at for alternative z-axis set ups (that link goes to my posting about my setup, but the whole thread is useful. Also, I list out all the parts I bought a couple posts later).

This is what works for me, and is super simple and cheap to implement. It is simply a long m4 machine screw with a nylon standoff over top of it. I can’t remember if the standoff was one that came with my maslow kit that I repurposed, or one from a parts bin, but either way, a big box store would have both the screw and standoff. I think I used a 1 inch standoff and a 30mm long screw.

do a search for calibration. There is a ton of information on the forum about how to dial in your machine.

if you follow the above advice, this should not be necessary. I think the “Holey Calibration” thread may be of interest to you.

2 Likes