Smaller size Maslow

Hi there. I have not been able to run the v-plotter script…still getting “ImporError: No module named image.” Regardless, I´ve decided to move ahead and see how things go. Pretty good so far. I´ve got this temporary structure set up. The working space is half size (4x4), but I´ve maintained the original arm lengths to give it a good amount of distance from the working area.

Good news! The setup is more or less working! Yeah! I´m not running a router yet, just a sharpie marker.

!

A couple of open issues:

1. I´ve run a couple of test patterns as you can see in the picture. However, it seems like the path is running about 2mm higher in the second pass.
    photo_2017-08-28_23-31-01|281x500

Is this normal? I´ve run the calibration several times, and actually got within 0.5mm, but then I ran the calibration again and it actually became less calibrated and does not seem to get better. The last measurements I had were 1.5mm off.

1. I thought I saw something about creating gcode from Rhino, but I can´t seem to find it again. Was it MakerCam?

2. Finally a quick question…the right motor makes a high pitched sound when running. The left one does not. Is this normal?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, one of the quirks; I think that the two motors use different PWM timers.

Ok! I´m continuing the testing of the setup.

2 Likes

Hey all. Excitedly waiting on my Maslow. Hope it ships this week!

I have a favor to ask. Pythons level=newb

I want to setup for a 5’*5’ worksheet. I figured I’d create an 6" removable border so I could run to the edges and change if needed later.

Could someone tell me exactly how to run the python script (to see where I need to space motors) in windows 7? Or as a second choice, run the script for me?

Thx all!

this looks like a page to help you get python installed
http://docs.python-guide.org/en/latest/starting/install/win/

after it’s installed, you should be able to type python v-plotter.py and it will
create a file out.png. View that file (many programs do that) to see the results

to change the settings, edit v-plotter.py and change the variables that define
the motor spacing, etc.

I hope this helps, I don’t use windows.

David Lang

1 Like

We got this little guy working pretty well

2 Likes