Straight line curves down at top of the sheet (solved)

@blurfl the clockwise was done without cutting, but with a reference line under the bit I and my friend could see an exact mirrored copy of the slope down and pull up. Counter clock, sag down to the left, clock wise sag down to the right. Spikes up at the end for both.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got a good support team there - Maslow Team Bahrain! [edit] sorry @gero, Iā€™m geographically challenged :pensive:

2 Likes

For tonight I would say it is both. Weight and feed-rate. Feed-rate is proven, so weight comes next. After my second coffee. :wink:

1 Like

Bahrain! 1234567891011

3 Likes

We look forwards to the test results and it sounds like weā€™re off to a strong start :+1: :+1:

The question now is ā€œis this issue related to the other sloping issue weā€™re also seeing todayā€. It seems like a heck of a coincidence if they are not related, but they are also quite different.

1 Like

From the non programmer perspective? A related error in the corrective adjustment is my conspiracy theory. My error is caused by feedrate, hight and weight, from what I think now. @clintloggins has already half the speed and is more centred on the sheet. Iā€™m like 2 cm off at the top and he ~1 cm off at the end of the cut. I would not exclude a relation, nor would I draw one right now.

2 Likes

This might be dependent on the way the frame is laid out. For those with motors mounted higher above the top of the working area the speed/torque curve for the top of the work area would be different from a frame where the motors are lower. Perhaps GC could take this into account for automatic speed changes?

I feel like this might require determining curves for different motor configurations, which seems like a lot of work :confused:

3 Likes

Saying good night for now. the weight change results are coming up after the second coffee in the morning. Great collaboration!

3 Likes

One more :slight_smile: My partner covered the error in video 2 at 1:44. All the rest is irrelevant.
V1
V2

2 Likes

one interesting thing (not related to this problem) in the v1 video, it looks like the sled consistantly tilts to the right when in the bottom corner (the chains look like they are still pointing at the bit so it shouldnā€™t affect accuracy)

check that the chains are moving freely on the arms

1 Like

Iā€™m going to get metal fine grain wet sanding paper and polish the arm shiny. The kit ā€˜snapsā€™ inwards in both low corners, close to where the corner cut is. I have space to move the motors out, that will solve it.

Update: Reducing the sled weight by 4.8 kg let me push the feed rate up to 1000 again :hugs:
No visible (eyeballing) curve at the top any more.

Reduced weight

Conclusion:
A sled with a weight of 15.9 kg = 35.0535 lbs produces a sag in direction of the cut at the top of the sheet. It can be partly compensated with lowering the feed rate, but to eliminate the curve you would have to go turtle speed.
Reducing the weight of the sled by 4796 gr = 10.57337 lbs seems to have eliminated the error and enables feed rate of 1000 again.
I would say that we have a stall that is not caught, or better we found the max weight of the sled :wink:

ToDo: A horizontal straight line cut along the top of the sheet, once from left to right and once from right to left. Any remaining curve should become visible.

4 Likes

When you say the kit snaps, is it similar to the jump that I saw in the linkage evaluation tests? I wouldnā€™t have expected that because your linkage mounting blocks look so rigid. The following gif is a rather extreme example:

TopMount_LinkageSlip

That is such good news. Iā€™ve been watching this thread, worried that updating to 1.06 would have given me similar results. Good to know that its probably the weight of the sled which was the culprit. I might also have to lighten my sled to avoid similar issues. Right now it weighs somewhere around 40 lbs (~18kg)

1 Like

It does exactly that what is shown in the gif. Only on the extreme low corners and when I force a twist that it would never reach on its own.

I took the kit off and are working on a spacer extension. It was to wiggly and not save, as there was not much tread left in the wood after adding spacer circles and washers. I just wanted to figure out the hight needed and will now add the second block of hardwood on top to make it rock solidā€¦

We still have the arch-bug Velocity slow down and arced cut - #3 by clintloggins that I believe now is not related to this here. 1.03 is said to not have that issue.

2 Likes

Okay, thatā€™s good, Iā€™m glad to hear that this isnā€™t an issue that would arise during regular use. It has been one of my concerns with the top-mount system since it started happening to me during the evaluation tests.

From what little testing Iā€™ve done with this issue, keeping the bolts positioned correctly is key to preventing the linkage slips. Iā€™ve been able to drastically reduce them myself by adding a spacer to keep the bolts aligned to each other. My guess is that youā€™ll have similar results once you solidify that riser assembly.

Thatā€™s unfortunate. Iā€™ll keep using 1.03 until the bug is fixed. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m not sure what you mean by quide pulley.Has there been a post on adding a guide pulley?

Thanks

Perhaps something like this?

1 Like

no more like this
pulley%20with%20repair%20washers
Topic
ā€œHow to Avoid Chan Wrappingā€

3 Likes

I have the sewing machine bobbins from start, no need to replace found.

5 Likes

I like that a lot
looks a perfect setup
going to swap them asap
Thanks