The Blue Smoke Herder Shield - AKA the New Maslow Shield (TLE5206)

They will go out tomorrow. It’s a disclaimer / you verify your shipping address.

Thank you

I added spare Mega shields with firmware to the store and a few were picked up. USB cables for the Maslow are ~9 ff. I’ve sourced some high quality 15ft cables with a ferrite bead. Would people be interested in that? or do most of you want to Amazon that?

Could use input.

Thank you

1 Like

If you build it, they will come! Might as well offer it… some will buy, some will go to Amazon.

1 Like

A USB cable test unit has been ordered - we won’t sell it if we didn’t test it.

Thank you

2 Likes

I want to thank everyone that has joined our Beta program and are helping to drive the decision on how many we will produce going forward. There is still some inventory left, we will close beta sales in approximately 12 hours and decide the future build quantity off that.

We want to let everyone know it is going very well so far. Again thank you for the all your support. The follow up e-mails will go out sometime tomorrow.

Thank you

2 Likes

Why am I picturing a giant Maslow in a cornfield being run by a shoeless Bee? It has giant motors being controlled by his new board. It is cutting out a life size image of Mt Rushmore on the largest sheet of plywood ever.

Better motor controller (sorry,shield) means you could go with bigger motors (possibly steel cable on a fixed take up spool instead of chains - easier to make the frame larger for better accuracy with no skipping or worrying about chains being perfectly parallel? How tough would it be to change the programming to compensate for the changing diameter of the cable spools?) stouter sled and ring design with room for a fancier z-axis (for more options on routers or spindles and possibly an auto z-axis zero plate) and saw dust control.

Ok, time to stop with my daydreams. I just turned the affordable Maslow into something way more expensive.

Congrats to Bee on getting his new shield launched and I am sure it will be a great success.

2 Likes

Better motor controller (sorry,shield) means you could go with bigger motors
(possibly steel cable on a fixed take up spool instead of chains - easier to
make the frame larger for better accuracy with no skipping or worrying about
chains being perfectly parallel?

How tough would it be to change the programming to compensate for the changing
diameter of the cable spools?)

very difficult, cable does not always spool nicely.

besides, cable stretches, much more than chain does.

stouter sled and ring design with room for a
fancier z-axis (for more options on routers or spindles and possibly an auto
z-axis zero plate) and saw dust control.

rings are expensive (they waste a lot of metal), Bar lost money on every
cutom ring he sold.

David Lang

1 Like

I’m in Europe so I should wait but at some point I seem to have read about the possibility of buying a kit. Will this be possible? Will it have to be bought also from the EU branch?

Thanks

“international” customers can use a us shiping service like www.myus.com
there are also places like this that consolidate shipments from china, it is very nice service.

2 Likes

When do you intend to ship?

The first one is going out in about 20 minutes. However it’s someone I knew what options they wanted due to a previous conversation. There is a process in place for those that ordered. The quoted time frame is 2-3 weeks or ASAP.

Thank you

1 Like

ok, thanks for the info, clears up some questions I had.
Thanks again

Excellent. Ordered yesterday. Hopefully the one you’re packing is mine! Lol

Did I miss it? the password doesn’t work on the linked site

Yes the Sale was ON for 24 hours. I PM’d you just now.

I send out notification e-mails from my website:

https://www.disciplesofcnc.com/

If you join you will get my notifications there. They go out first and get posted to the forum afterwards.

Thank you

1 Like

I am signed up to the disciplesofcnc, but all I can see on the website is the first page (even after logging in). I am interested in buying one of the new Maslow Shields also.

I’m with @Sreenigne. I signed up, clicked on the email confirmation link (even though I got emailed the “please confirm” message multiple times over a period of a week). Yes, I check my spam folder quite often since another site’s messages always seem to be routed there.

Password did not work for me… I really want a board.

Have tried to join at disciples website multiple times but never received the confirmation email. Have checked and searched all folders in my email and its nowhere to be found. Any other way to get one of these shields? Also tried the beta but the beta_presale password did not work for me.

OK there seem to be 2 seperate issues. One is the site sign up process for some at Disciplesofcnc, I will address that as soon as I can look into it.

The second is That we did a 24 hour sale to gauge the demand. The site password has changed. I will PM each of you an access password so you can look at the site and possibly choose to buy.

I apologize for the innocence at information site. Please bare with me I need a little time to set it all up and PM each of you. I can be more focused on setting up the access in about 2 hrs.

Thank you