Tutorial: image to svg to g code

This is a tutorial on how I create my svg files from any image. I also show how to create g code that utilizes the cnc to draw and cut. I use Inkscape to trace the image in a diferent layer and I use makercam to create the g code. Settings are in the video.

11 Likes

Awesome! Thank you, just what I have been trying to figure out. Still waiting on my Maslow but I have been trying to do as much as I can ahead of time.

My suggestion right now whould be: but the router, build the frame and a temporary sled, learn Inkscape, learn makercam, and learn a cad program (I use Inkscape). You can also download the files from the garden and play with the svg files as well.

Have you tried Inkscapes trace bitmap? That would save you a lot of tracing time.

1 Like

I have. It doesn’t give me the separation of lines like I want. It also will make wide lines double. There is too much touch up work to get it right. It takes less than 10 minutes to trace an entire image.

Yes, I know what you mean about the double lines. That can be frustrating.

Thank you, I was going to contact you and ask for assistance. Your cutouts are awesome and my wife can’t wait for my Maslow to arrive.

2 Likes

Just let me know if you need help or want to collaborate.

2 Likes