WebControl Collaboration

Seemed to transfer ok, as well as all members as well. I set everyone to read mode since I don’t know exactly what they should be. I’m creating a release on my fork that looks at the org repo for upgrade. It’s still listed as an experimental release (0.9335) to make sure it works before promoting it to the final stable release (0.934) in my personal repo.

1 Like

I don’t know how much time I will have, but, please add me as well.

pyjpenny.

Python, javascript and a lot of other things in my background.

Yeah, that’s what I thought, all the releases got transferred to the org repo. Glad you have an upgrade plan!

The documentation website (using Github Pages) got moved as well, I fixed the link here: https://github.com/WebControlCNC/WebControl/pull/138

Yes… but something is amiss as its missing that justthedocs thing for formatting. The last couple of commits to my repo need to get incorporated into the new repo (changes version number, github repo and pages location, and a fix to pause/resume).

Yeah, I noticed the missing formatting, but I think it just needs a Jekyll rebuild, which should get triggered by a commit to master. There might also be an option to manually trigger the rebuild, but IIRC Github doesn’t give us much control over that.

I ‘updated’ the theme and it seems to work. Not sure that caused it to rebuild, but it’s rebuilt.

Yeah, “updating” the theme would trigger a rebuild.

the invite links I got aren’t working (I verified that I’m logged in), try my
e-mail (david at lang.hm). I am getting the invites, so I would expect them to
work

David Lang

ok so how do I get my repository to be a fork from webcontrolcnc now instead of madgrizzle? Is that a rebase or a delete and refork?

I don’t know how to make the change in github (delete and refork will work)

a rebase is something completely different.

in .git/config it lists the parent repo, you can manually change that to the new
URL. there are also command line options to change the upstream repository, but
I’d have to google for them

a rebase would only come into play if you have local modifications to worry
about, in which case you would add a new upstream, fetch (not pull) from it,
make a new branch that checked out from the new upstream, and then rebase your
changes from the old branch to the new one.

David Lang

I asked before trying. When i opened it asked if I wanted it to update to the new repository. Done. Total non-issue.

I might of invited you to a repo I deleted, so that might be why the link didn’t work. I don’t know how to invite via email. I deleted the invite and reinvited.

it worked this time.

1 Like

I’m having some dramas getting the file open to work. All I see for the directory path dropdown in the modal window is “./”, and there’s nothing available in the other dropdown for the files themselves.

I’ve had a brief poke around in the code, but I’ll need some more time to get to grips with libraries in use.

Any pointers as to what I might be missing?

I’ve spun the code up in an Ubuntu 18.04 instance running under WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux)

Recalling this started for headless RPI, the idea was that you would upload your gcode to the server… then, you can open it (it does automatically open when you upload it). Then, if you want to open it again, you just go to open (rather than upload it again). All files are stored in the .WebControl folder in the user home directory under the gcode subdirectory (this was done to provide persistence since originally this was docker based and updating the docker would wipe out anything stored in the docker)

Riiight - so it’s actually server side file IO - will try …

Now I understand - so it was really me, not understanding the workflow.

I normally don’t use my user home directory for anything if I can avoid it. I prefer to point things ‘elsewhere’ (i.e. not on my system drive). But that’s just me.

Interesting new feature for Chromium based browsers (e.g. Chrome, Edge), under the ‘Rendering’ tab in the dev tools, there’s now an option to ‘Emulate vision deficiencies’:

Such as various forms of colour blindness.

2 Likes

Is there currently any support for the Path Control Mode G Codes (G61, G61.1, G64) ?
Maslow control doesn’t seem to be doing any of them. G61 (Exact Path mode) seems to be what we probably want as a default.

G61.1 (Exact Stop mode) would be the easiest to implement.