What can we do to encourage more people to post projects?

I was tempted to order one myself, but I wondered if that was just because I was proud of how it turned out. Here’s the .svg file. I created it in Inkscape.

Maslow Cutting Maslow.zip (220.9 KB)

Can we add .svg to the allowed file types list?

1 Like

SVG files can contain JavaScript and are usually disabled in an upload scenario like the one we have here. I know GitHub has protections (and container isolation) to address this kind of thing but I don’t know about the Discourse software or the web server it’s running on.

I would say it should be uploaded (as an SVG) to the Community Garden on GitHub.

1 Like

Hi Bar! if there is a newer post somewhere on this site that references your question here, please direct me to it so i can post there instead. otherwise, here i go, reviving this 7 year old post :grin:

I believe I am in the first batch of the Maslow 4 shipments (not sure though, backed on the first day but so did a bunch of others :slight_smile: )

I intend to completely redo my garage and office with furniture i have designed and built on the Maslow 4, and i intend to release all of the designs on this site. My first project will be Barrister bookcases, standardized to be compatible with the bookcases sold by a company that starts with L.

I hope my sharing will help inspire others to share their designs.

3 Likes

Excellent! I want to see pictures! :heart_eyes:

One thing I really like that printables do to get people involved is to hold themed design contests. This really helps people get involved as their is a competition element and a sense of pride for winning. The prize could be as small as a router bit or small Maslow merch item.

I agree with some posts above that people should really be required or strongly encouraged to share their files so others can make the items for themselves. If I’ve been able to make a chair and a table other users uploaded then I’m far more likely to be prepared to share my cat furniture or whatever else it was I made last week.

My other biggest request would be that people post file types that allow people to easily improve on the design. Thingiverse being mainly STL based is one of the most infuriating things that kills the usefulness of the shared models.

Cheers,

Scott.

1 Like

Maslow stickers would be sufficient for me to join a contest… I like that idea. In our space, .svg files should be sufficient to share designs as they can be both put through CAM and altered for 2.5D CNC.

2 Likes