What is the total Height from the floor

Hi, just wondering how high the Maslow stands with the motors etc on it. My work shop is only 2050mm tall.

it depends on your frame, but the stock frame is just a hair under 7’ (it can
fit through a typical garage door, but not through a normal door)

In the frame design options that we talked through, the frame design I had was a
few inches shorter so it would fit through a normal door.

your work shop is the height of a normal door,so you probably need to make your
machine a few inches shorter than the stock frame.

David Lang

Just wondering what the limit is on the tilt of the frame? If you tilt it a little more you might gain some cm.
Also, you could cut the feet a little, under the sheet there needs to be room for half the sled, all the rest you can cut of without sacrificing your work area.

I have 2450mm room height, distance floor to bottom of sheet is 510mm (you can lower the sheet until ~half sled diameter over the floor), my distance from the top of the sheet to motors is 460mm (you can reduce that a bit to bring the sheet higher).
With a little planing it should work out.

My maslow will be going into a flat-roofed shed, so I’ll be trimming every millimetre I can, angling if I can, and reducing the work area further if necessary :confused:

1 Like

Here’s my two cents worth:
Though there is attraction in the idea of a full 4 by 8 cutting range, the bottom-most portion suffers from the least accuracy. Leaving off the bottom apron and lowering the frame with the idea of arranging future cuts to avoid the bottom part of the workarea would be a reasonable accommodation. The height of the motors above the workarea is more important, and shouldn’t be reduced if it can be avoided.

4 Likes

Ahh, thanks blurfl. That’s great advice.

1 Like

Just wondering what the limit is on the tilt of the frame? If you tilt it a little more you might gain some cm.

No, we know that tilting it more to ~20 degrees makes it unusuable (Bar did that
when he was building some of the prototype frames a few months ago

Also, you could cut the feet a little, under the sheet there needs to be room
for half the sled, all the rest you can cut of without sacrificing your work
area.

Yes, I initially had the new sled design be 10.5" to the bottom of the
workpiece, Bar wanted to have it a bit higher, so it’s 10.5" to the bottom of
the rear kickers. lowering this will save you 3.5"

David Lang

Thanks for the info. Just purchased the minimum parts to get started( over $400NZD and there would have been taxes & import Fees etc).

I’ll have to shorten the legs and I can perhaps put some holes in the dry wall on the ceiling to poke the motors through.

plan on lowering the bottom edge of the workpiece instead of trying to have to
motors go into the ceiling. The motors don’t stick up on their own, they have
the chain and top beam right under them for a lot of width.

1 Like

The height of a Maslow CNC machine can vary depending on the specific build and configuration, as there are many ways to assemble and customize the machine. However, the standard dimensions for a Maslow machine with the frame and motors assembled are approximately 2000mm (6.6 feet) wide, 1250mm (4.1 feet) tall, and 120mm (4.7 inches) deep.

Given that your workshop has a height limit of 2050mm, it is possible that the Maslow machine may not fit without modification or adjustment. It is recommended to measure the height of your specific configuration of the machine to ensure that it will fit in your workspace.

I’m not sure where those dimensions come from, but they are not correct. You can
build a version of the maslow to fit any space, but the typical dimensions are:

the Maslow is typically 10’ wide (with 12’ being a common modification)

The work area is typically 4’ tall, with the machine typically being a little
under 7’ tall (can fit through normal residential doorways), although some
people built it a little taller. you need ~10 inches below the workpiece, and at
least 16" above the workpiece (24" is better, some people go to 30")

frame depth is about 2’, the machine sits at a 15 degree angle, plus whatever
angle you put on the back legs. The sled/router is about a foot tall with the
suggested Home Depot router, which adds a little to this

David Lang

sorry … didn’t realize this was an OLD post so the question isn’t relevant anymore.

But good work searching the forums for the information you were looking for!