Which Router To Order for 240 Volt Countries

make the bottom of the sleve more solid (as that is where the bottom bracket
will be clamping to) and I think it will work.

David Lang

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll make something for it and post pics when it’s done and hopefully it’ll work!

Is the bottom of the PCB board just flat or does it have anything pertruding that’ll need to be considered when making the mount for it please?

That looks like yet another Makita RT0702 clone. Other brands include Katsu, Vevor, ….
Bar mentioned potential thermal issues with the Makita but I am also planning to give it a try as the original Makita is about 1/2 and the clones about 1/4 of the Dewalt.
So, any solution you can come up to make it fit with will be appreciated!

2 Likes

In the entry you referenced Maslow 4 with Kobalt router - #19 by Ken32960 I have included the source files.
OpenSCAD is free https://openscad.org/ and is much like a programming language. If you read the source files (notepad will do) you can find the diameter of the router and mounts. In OpenSCAD (or Notepad) you can change these and then with OpenSCAN - File/Export the adjusted STL files.

1 Like

there are a few things, but none of them very thick, give it 2-3mm from the
board and you should be in great shape.

David Lang

1 Like

Okay, so I’ve done it and it’s spot on. I’ll upload the file shortly when I get on my computer.
When the sleeve is fitted there is no movement at all, it’s very snug, I think I might even have to break it if I want it off but it clicked on with only a little force.
This is for the VonHaus router… Not sure if others are identical

4 Likes

VonHaus Sleeve Maslow4.stl (528.6 KB)

5 Likes

Looks good !! Is it worth putting a slight ridge on the top and bottom to stop the clamps moving as there is about 3mm of play between the 4 spools in total.

I’ll measure the Fakita tomorrow and let you know what dimensions it is.

2 Likes

I’ll maybe make adjustments when I get my Maslow. Id have assumed the 3mm would’ve been deliberate so there’s no restricted movement? But I’m not sure.

1 Like

Yup, that play is intentional to keep things from binding up

2 Likes

Hi Roman,
I’m also trying to get the PCB holder onto the European DS26200. are the small added pieces indicating which feet will align. So removing the ones that don’t show up in this picture?

Hey, I’m not sure what you mean?
If you mean you want to cut one the excessive “feet” that hold onto the router, I don’t think it would be an issue.