Will this computer work?

Will this computer work with Maslow?
I have to make a quick decision because I must set up a zoom meeting area for a weekend course I have coming up. I want to have my investment serve my shop as well thanks for any help you all have. The computer details are below. Any links to more appropriate candidates would be SO APPRECIATED AND AWESOME, thanks :pray:t3:

HP Chromebook 14 Laptop, Intel Celeron Processor, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC, 14” FHD (1920 x 1080) Chrome OS, Webcam & Dual Mics, Work, Entertainment, School, Long Battery Life (14a-na0160nr, 2021)

This machine is a chromebook. I don’t know if a Chromebook will run anything other than a web browser.
Are you using this computer to design cutouts, generate gcode, or send gcode to the maslow ( with Maslow USB connected to it)? If webcontrol is running on a raspberry pi and you are just using this to interact through the web page, this will be just fine. Otherwise I would recommend a Mac or PC with an i5 or i7 processor and 8 gig ram so you can run CAD design software like freecad and the gcode generating software like estlecam for example.

3 Likes

:pray:t3:Thank you @Orob ! I appreciate everyone that is helping me with this especially since I feel like I’ve opened up too many threads on this particular subject that, admittedly, I am ignorant about. I used to run my Maslo with a laptop and it worked but the laptop was glitchy and finally went out. Then I went through an entire process getting a custom-made computer to the specs that everyone suggested on this Maslow forum and by the time I got my second computer because the first one didn’t work it still wouldn’t even download Arduino. I haven’t run my CNC machine in maybe nearly 2 years . If there is a link to a computer that you think would do everything for me, I would appreciate it if you would send it my way. I may just want to avoid the raspberry pie aspect if it all possible because I had a hard time with my raspberry pie in the past as well. As you can tell, I’m not very techy but trying to do it as simply as possible for my creative outlet that I think would be good for my family. I’d like it to be affordable, of course, but if I end up paying more for the computer itself than the machine just so that it’s simple and works for me then I could get back to geeking out on the things that I comprehend better! Lol. Thanks again for any of your help you’re willing to give :pray:t3:

Something like this will work

2 Likes

Thanks so much!:pray:t3: