To start id like to say that i have finally made my own Z axis with a C beam and no longer have Z axis issues!!! yayy
That being said im having a ton of accuracy issues with everything else. i ran a test by cutting a 6"x6" grid inside the measurements of 3 foot high 6 foot wide. the grids origin was dead center because i wanted an X marks the spot right in the middle for registration with future cuts. i also added 3/4 dog holes in it with the holes in the center of the cut squares.
1- my horizontal cuts are slightly frowning. the are higher in the center then on the ends
2- my 3/4" dog holes are not actualy .75 the are more like .70 ( i am useing a 1/4" bit which the program easel was set up with .
3- taking the arch previously stated into consideration, my grid was basically cut on the 4X8 sheet as if the sheet was 1/4" low on the left side. which it is not. i took all the measurements again just to check and my set up is truly square.
4- my circles are oblong. not to the naked eye. they look great but when measured they are more oval than circle.
5- the grid itself even if parallel is actually short from 6" . if i measure from the bottom to one line to the bottom of the next line its about 1/16" off consistently. since its that consistent it leads me to believe it can be accurate that consistent as well. almost seems like scaling is off.
i have gone through the calibration process several times and it seems i have slightly different results every time. nothing drastic but no corrections to the issues im having.
i have a ring style set up with the suggested router and i have a basic 4x8 frame design. the only thing that i have changed is the z-axis.