XP Software Requirements

A USB boot drive would be nice - I’ve done that before. I got it running then couldn’t do much after that. The distro doesn’t matter - whichever is best/easiest/simplest from your stand point. The only point of it is to run Ground Control.

1 Like

Will try to record my screen with the steps until the Maslow Arduino answers.
This will however not include how to re-partition your harddrive for side by side windows installation. There are plenty of tutorials for that.

1 Like

I’m trying to build one, the problem is that I can’t maintain it in the long run.
To make it work for myself is one thing to make it work for everyone else is something else.

I think we first need a .deb installer or a ppa for GroundControl. eventhough installing from github works fine, it’s not way to distribute to an end-user. At least not if i need to maintain it. :slight_smile:
I’m just way to chaotic and unorganised with software to take this route.

The way to do this is start with a live USB stick. Then record a script. This is done by starting a log of keystrokes. Install everything. Edit the log if needed. Then use the log as a script to load on anyones system.

Basically you take notes and brak it down to all the steps. If you make a mistake you either edit the log or start over and record again.

Thank you

2 Likes

Bee, thank you! To copy a Statement of one of our Team Members, " I was hoping for something easy "

1 Like

@Gero

That was for @vertex who is making a USBkey image I believe.

Thank you

2 Likes

That does not mean that I can’t use the idea :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Share at will. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The USB key is in cold storage for a few days. Bureaucrats and bill collectors are killing all my time (and savings)