3D printed anchor point

Above is a video of an anchor point solution I’ve come up with (happy to share files if it works) I am hoping somebody can give me the dimensions of the part that goes into the anchor point please with the chain attached… I think Bar has sent me it before but I can’t for the life of me find it. TIA folks

4 Likes

You mean the ones available here?

No, the actual part sent with the Maslow that’s attached to the end of each chain.

IIRC an 8mm bolt, I don’t remember how tall

David Lang

correction, 10mm

David Lang

1 Like

Thank you, Do you know the outer diameter by chance please

1 Like

That looks gorgeous! I LOVE the way that you put the threads on the top. That is an excellent solution. Let me get you those dimensions.

Here are the dimensions of that part along with files if you want to use the model in an assembly. The files will be released under a CC-BY license so feel free to use them in any way.

Belt End.stl (165.5 KB)

Belt End(2).step (113.1 KB)

Again, awesome build!

4 Likes

Thank you, glad you like it!! I’ve made some adjustments after seeing the part drawing. ill do some strength testing and upload it if its strong enough with print specs.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m interested to see how the strength of that center pin part that passes through the belt end holds up. If that works it’s a GREAT solution. If that part is a weak point, I wonder if we could run a longer steel bolt through it and put a nut on one side to keep that part in compression? That might help prevent the printed layers from coming apart.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought of having it hollowed in the middle with a metal bar infill to prevent layer adhesion fails but I’ve printed it with 5 outer layers, 20% infill and at 235 degrees for good layer adhesion on my QIDI tech so fingers crossed its good enough. I’m just printing the Belt end now so I can do some testing. I’ll let you know the results and if its all good ill upload it, if not ill try with a metal infill as I’m sure that’ll do the job!

1 Like

UPDATE! :D:D:D i just took it all into the garage and mounted it on a truss… Using a bungee chord and my girlfriends biceps she was able to hang from the pin, so i think were good! she wont be happy about me telling you this, but she weighs 51kg

1 Like

Wow, yeah I’d say that is strong enough. This is brilliant! It didn’t even occur to me to use a 3D printed pin.

I’ll print a couple to test and then put them up on the website (with credit to you of course!).

Fantastic design! Thanks for sharing it!

2 Likes

cheers! we just maybe need to stress the point its gotta be a hot print for layer adhesion. the pin could print horizontal with supports though if some people printers maybe aren’t up to the task and that would certainly be strong enough!

Cheers :smiley:

1 Like

Would you still be willing to share the files for this? I vaguely remember seeing them posted, but now I can’t find them :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, but I’ve gotta make a slight alteration… I’ll do it tomorrow and re share the file in here. :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Maslow Anchor point.zip (3.3 MB)

Done. :ok_hand: You could print the anchor how you like, I do the pin with 5 outer shells and 10% infill. But you could just do 100% fill if you like. Wouldn’t use too much material.

2 Likes

Can I post this in the weekly update today? Do you have any pictures?

1 Like

Yeah, sure you can but I’ve not got a pic unfortunately, sorry. I printed 4 but had to bin them as there was a slight error in it. They’re spot on now though. Depending on your printer they only take a hour so you may be able to get one done in time for the update? If not maybe just show the 3d rendering of it?

1 Like

No worries, I’ll use the render and point folks to this forums thread with the video to see them in action

1 Like