7' tall led neon guitars, pair of them

I know this was done on the M2, however looking forward to getting my M4. Built the guitars for a show in Orlando, built the trucking logo heads for a show in New Orleans.

15 Likes

Amazing work!!!

Can you provide details or a link to the led lighting you used?

3 Likes

Those are gorgeous! Nice work!

1 Like

Aliexpress - I use the 6mm size.
2021 New 6mm 8mm 12mm S Bendable Separate Newly Flexible Silicone Neon Strip RGB For LED Neon Sign Waterproof IP67 - AliExpress

You will also need to get this bit: D6-6-4.2
Neon LED Lights Slotting Milling Cutter 1PCS 6/8/12MM Tungsten Carbide Acrylic Advertising Words Light Strip Molding End Mill - AliExpress

And make sure you get these, invaluable:
Split LED Neon Light Round Right Angle Arc Cutter Hand Tool Knife Carving Knife Soft Silicone Strip Accessories Woodworking Tool (aliexpress.us)

1 Like

Are you talking about these logo’s??? They look good in person.

8 Likes

Wait, do you not know each other and you found them in the wild!?

3 Likes

You are correct, we do not know each other. He said he made those for a truck show in New Orleans. I happened to be working a truck show right now and decided to walk around and see if that was the show he was talking about and bingo! What are the odds huh…in the wild!!!
Jeremy

3 Likes

AMAZING. :star_struck:

What are the odds. That is so cool!

I thought the same thing walking around. There’s no way I could find them, the odds are crazy high. And the fact we are both on here…nuts. lol

2 Likes

@jjseabra and @jkitchens1971,

Would you guys be OK with me showing off your pictures (with credit of course) in the weekly update tomorrow? I think it’s such a cool project and such a cool story of finding them in the wild so quickly.

3 Likes

Hi Bar…I would not have a problem at all with that. I personally think it’s cool I was able to find it. If I had known, I would have gotten more pics.
Jeremy

1 Like

@bar - you go right ahead and share, all good with me. I think it’s very cool that this was found. Most of the time when I build these, I never get to see them in the wild.

@jkitchens1971 - are you an attendee at this show? Or are you one of the union peeps working it? Either way I think it’s very cool that our paths crossed like this where you were able to share this pic. If you look on the side where the smaller logo is, I also built those halo “Inland” letters. They are halo lit and held on with magnets and powered through them as well. - Now go and play the lottery… lol

4 Likes

@jjseabra I am a union member out of Las Vegas but was in town to supervise the installation of an exhibit on that show. I did see the “Inland” halo’s …if I had known @bar wanted to use this I would have gotten more pics. Powering the LED’s through the magnets is always a smart thing to do in our industry.

2 Likes

Can you please Explain this

" Powering the LED’s through the magnets is always a smart thing to do in our industry."

I would love to learn how this is done.

2 Likes

@jjseabra and @jkitchens1971 thank you for letting me share! I think that everyone will enjoy the story and seeing your work

2 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout. Looking forward to the next update.

2 Likes

This is super, super cool. :clap:t2: I’m psyched to find out yet one more thing that can be made with the Maslow. What is the material you use for the backing? Acetate? Acrylic? I really have no idea, I’ve never done anything like this before. Can signs like these be powered from battery, or only from wall power? (Don’t bother answering in detail, I’m not looking to threadjack, I’m just hoping to find out the very basics of where to get started doing something like this.) Is there a good YouTube video on the basics?

Thanks for such a cool post!

2 Likes

@Noreaster Yes, these can be run on batteries as the leds are powered by 12v dc. I have built many that simply ran on battery. Keep in mind that when I say battery it’s not a couple of AA’s… lol. Usually, it’s a battery like 12v12ah. Sometimes bigger depending on the load. The material I use mostly is clear 1/4" acrylic. Sometime as in the Guitars they don’t need to be transparent, so I used 1/2" PVC.

I will have to say that finding this CNC has allowed me to really expand my shop and save tens of thousands in labor.

4 Likes

@jjseabra Have you ever done LEDs like this with a Digital print graphic? I’m wondering if I should put the graphic down first, then cut the notch, or Just then layer the graphic after.

Also, there was mention about

If you wouldnt mind, could you send me a direct message, I am curious about how this is done.