Alguien en España

Maravilloso!
I love the idea with the roller blind rolls.
You will still want some chain guides.

1 Like

Fenómeno Ricardo, me parace un plan muy acertado, ¿ya has hecho algún trabajo con la fresadora?.
Gracias por compartir tu proyecto, yo estaba pensando en construir mi marco con hierro o aluminio, pero creo que lo tuyo es una combinación perfecta, y el rollo de persiana me parece genial.
Si te parece me gustaria estar en contacto contigo para compartir experiencias cuando me llegue mi Maslow.

Gracias,

1 Like

There isn’t an optimum ratio, the accuracy depends on the chain angles involved,
the closer the chains get to horizontal or vertical, the more the machine
struggles.

David Lang

1 Like

We have not narrowed it down to the point.
We know to wide and to low is not optimal. We know to high and to narrow is not optimal.
We have a good math, estimating most variables like chain length (sag), sled weight and so on.
For the math we have with the hardware we have, I believe there is a optimal ratio.
I’m not an engineer to prove it in paper, so I would need to prove it by building the adjustable frame and do a series of test by changing the hardware variables in steps.

3 Likes

Buenas tardes desde España (Salamanca), quien puede orientarme sobre el peso maximo con el que los motores trabajan correctamente, he comprado una fresadora con la idea de ponerla en el trineo pero parece pesada, es una fresadora de CMT mod. CMT7E de 2400W. puede que si pesa suficiente no necesite poner contrapesos

Hola, el CMT7E 2400W no es un enrutador ideal.

1. 6 kg (frente a Ridgid R22002 ~ 4.5 kg)
    Este peso estará cerca de los límites. Si sigue ese camino, le recomiendo
    TLE5206
    para los motores y una fuente de alimentación con 12V / 10A como
    12V/10A (contra el estándar 12V / ~ 5A)

2. Placa base de 180 mm dieámetro (vs. Ridgid R22002 ~ 152.4 mm)
    El anillo estándar para los soportes de la cadena no funcionará.
    Necesitaría un anillo más grande, o metal-top-pantograph-kit o maslow-triangulation-linkage-kit.

Recuerde que la montura de la cadena estará en la parte superior del trineo, por lo tanto, verifique si puede quitar las asas o si tiene un kit lo suficientemente grande.

1 Like

Muchas gracias Gero, aprecio sinceramente tu respuesta, el hacer un anillo mas grande no es problema para mi, siempre que no sea un inconveniente a la hora de configurar la maquina, no se si cambiando la medida del anillo se puede configurar sin problemas
Por otro lado, también me preocupa el tema de la placa y fuente de alimentación, ¿Donde lo puedo conseguir y que problemas puede dar el firmware y la configuracion?

Alguien ha montado ya Maslow con estos cambios?

Espero tener mi Maslow pronto, y si lo preparo bien desde el principio será más fácil que funcione bien.

Confio mucho en esta comunidad,

Muchas gracias, siempre estáis ahí.

1 Like

El anillo que puedes hacer más grande. Hay una configuración en GroudControl llamada Hay una configuración en GroudControl llamada radio de rotación (rotation radius).
Para el tablero necesita encontrar a alguien para hacerlo. Los archivos y la lista de materiales están aquí.
El firware ya es compatible con el tablero. Lo intentaré mañana y te lo haré saber.

1 Like

Since people seem to be interested in the translations:

Good afternoon from Spain (Salamanca), who can guide me on the maximum weight with which the engines work correctly, I bought a milling machine with the idea of putting it on the sled but it seems heavy, it is a CMT milling machine mod. CMT7E of 2400W. maybe if it weighs enough you do not need to put counterweights

Hi, the CMT7E 2400W is not an ideal router.

1. 6 kg (compared to Ridgid R22002 ~ 4.5 kg)
    This weight will be close to the limits. If you follow that path, I recommend TLE5206 for motors and a power supply with 12V / 10A (against the standard 12V / ~ 5A)

2. Base plate of 180 mm diameter (vs. Ridgid R22002 ~ 152.4 mm)
    The standard ring for the chain supports will not work.
    I would need a larger ring, or metal-top-pantograph-kit or maslow-triangulation-linkage-kit.

Remember that the chain mount will be at the top of the sled, so check if you can remove the handles or if you have a large enough kit.

Thank you very much Gero, I sincerely appreciate your answer, making a larger ring is not a problem for me, as long as it is not an inconvenience when configuring the machine, I do not know if changing the size of the ring can be configured without problems
On the other hand, I am also concerned about the issue of the board and power supply, where can I get it and what problems can the firmware and configuration give?

Has anyone already set up Maslow with these changes?

I hope to have my Maslow soon, and if I prepare it well from the beginning it will be easier for it to work well.

I trust a lot in this community,

Thank you very much, you are always there.

The ring that you can make bigger. There is a configuration in GroudControl called radius of rotation (rotation radius).
For the board you need to find someone to do it. The files and the list of materials are here.
The firware is already compatible with the board. I’ll try tomorrow and I’ll let you know.

3 Likes

Muchas gracias Gero, so I just need someone that make me the TLE5206, and I can follow the instructions of Maslow´s web like if it was the original? or I need to make any change more?

2 Likes

¡Vamos amigo!

Yes. I will run the TLE5206 and test it with firmware 1.15 today.
Hope to see some pictures of your Maslow soon.

2 Likes

thank you Gero. awesome work. I´m some discouraged, cause a don´t find someone that make me the TLE5206
would be difficult you send me one if you have easy get one? I´ll pay you before you send it me, I´ll be very gratefully, this project mean much for me, and I´d like to begin making things good. The idea is grown together like the community that we are, and share all our progress. I want start on the step 2, where the project is advance.

Best

From Bahrain I can’t help. Check for online service like this one eurocircuits.
Or maybe you know someone with a small cnc who can cut it. The parts you can get from Arrow. They have branches in Europe.

2 Likes

thanks Gero, I´m sorry if i´ve bothered you, excuse me. I´ll try

2 Likes

Estoy ultimando los detalles para ver como montaré mi Maslow cuando llegue, creo que montaré las cadenas para que se deslicen por la parte de arriba del marco, ¿eso es complicado a la hora de configurar la máquina?

Giggle translate:
I’m finalizing the details to see how I’ll mount my Maslow when it arrives, I think I’ll mount the chains so that they slide through the top of the frame, is that complicated when it comes to setting up the machine?

This is a good source for different chain paths:

Que tal, yo use el grande por default, y el único problema que tengo es que la cadena al bajar mucho se brinca dientes uno o dos, pero eso basta para que los cortes sean muy malos, el problema está en los resortes ya que no ejercen la fuerza necesaria en el recorrido para tensar la del lado contrario al que carga el router, supongo que ese problema no lo tiene el original grande ya que usa contrapesos y además hay unas guías en el community gardenia y de momento no he hecho unas guías para el default frame, y logré calibrar bien la máquina y los cortes son muy precisos, encargaré unas brocas ya que uso de dos filos y son muy ruidosas, te comento también que aunque el router sea muy fuerte o con poder, es mejor cortar de 3 o 4 mm ya que la velocidad del gcontrol aunque le ponga más lento el traslado de corte por pies la velocidad es constante en 30"xmin y es muy rápido aún para las revoluciones del router que uso

Many solutions on chain guides are found with giggle :wink:
Check

Wait, mine are found on rank 5 at duckduck, so use that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok I will try with this, the tooth jumps in the marked position I expect functions.

2018-06-23-17-20-39-697

1 Like

Ok i do this, only for check cuts, and the cuts are perfect

4 Likes