Another Anchor Option

Someone in the community works for YKK (the company that makes like all of the worlds zippers) and they sent me a link to these.

I think this could be an interesting anchor option. Its a pad that’s easy to walk or drive over, but it has a snap that attaches to it quite firmly but is still able to rotate. The pad stick down with some 3M VHB adhesive so it probably wouldn’t stay on any surface that wasn’t clean, but if you had a nice epoxy coated floor or something and drilling into it wasn’t an option I think this could be interesting. They also sent me some samples to test which I will try when I have a chance.

1 Like

I’ve got some of these on my boat, they’re used to hold a curtain over the companionway hatch. They’re pretty solid, but there’s always a bit of play in the snap itself, so I’m not convinced they’re a good choice for us. If we always keep some tension on them, I guess they could work. They’re meant for textile applications where there is always some wiggle room anyway.

They can take a lot of weight, though, as long as you have a good clean surface (bare concrete is probably a bad idea, fiberglass is very good)

1 Like

VHB doesn’t do well with a constant tension on it. IN fact to remove vhb tape a constand tension is the best way to get the bond to slowly fail.

1 Like