Another newbie question

First let me say I love my Maslow so far! Now for my question. When I upload a gcode on ground control, is there a way to click on the piece being cut and position it where you want? Essentially click and drag? Thanks!

1 Like

Absolutely, manually move your sled around by using the arrow buttons in ground control then click define home. Your code should update to the new location. Your newly defined home position will match where your 0,0 in your g-code is. You can also click and hold on any spot in the ground control work area and a dialog will pop up with some options.

3 Likes

Awesome thank you!

2 Likes

I highly suggest taking note of the position before starting a cut. You will need it if an error happens and you need to restart the cut.

Thank you

2 Likes

If possible, I lower the bit just slightly to make a mark at my defined 0,0 for that project. If things go crazy and the position is lost (it happens) then I can easily and fairly actually redefine the same 0,0.

@Bee is there a different way to do this with some kind of coordinates?

2 Likes

I’ll jump in @Bee@Jayster 0,0 is always the middle of your work area, defining home will set the starting coordinates for your workpiece until moved and redefined.
I always take pics of timelier work, had to learn the hard way :confused:

7 Likes

Ah, I never put that together before. Next time I’ll just write down the coordinates of my defined home (hardly ever is this in the default center). Thanks for the tip! Hum, wait, if I lose a USB connection and this gets reset, will these values still land me right where I need?

2 Likes

yes - if you are watching and see the line number. You can rehome to your start point and use the arrow keys to step through to get near the spot you encountered the issue and start from there.

Thank you

1 Like

A long press anywhere in GC will also pull up a contextual menu with options to either move the sled to the clicked location, or to define home at the clicked location which is another option

3 Likes