Arduino Upload Failure

In Arduino I have selected Arduino Mega or Mega 2560 and port COM3 in tools. When I click upload I get the message “Maslow.h: No such file or directory” what am I doing wrong?

are you compiling the file from within a zipped archive or did you unzip it completely and the try to run the compile? The last few who have had issues either had a bad download or were clicking into the archive to select the file. Unzip it all

OR

you could install webcontrol and click upgrade firmware after selecting the serial port and it will do it for you.

I am clicking on https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software once downloaded I click extract all

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

cnc_ctrl_v1:36:10: fatal error: Maslow.h: No such file or directory

#include “Maslow.h”

^~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Maslow.h: No such file or directory

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

that sounds like you are doing it right. maslow.h should be part of the extracted folder, so it is a path issue with it not finding it.

When I open the .ino file, I get all the .h files opening as well. This is what I see:

99 out of 100 times this error occurs, its because the user loaded the file .ino from the compressed directory and not the extracted directory. Check to make sure you are loading it from the extracted directory. In windows, its easy to navigate into the wrong one.

1 Like