Auto-power switch for router?

@skiz . How did you test on this go? I’d like to set AUX1 to drive a LED first, it that works I’ll wire up a powertail.

Thank you

It was merged this morning, ready to go. Thanks @skiz!

2 Likes

Yes I’m using it myself. I suggest adding M3 and M5 (on/off) as macros on
your GC

3 Likes

Again, thanks for that really elegant implementation of letting people customize the text on those buttons. Very slick!

Can someone please mark up the through holes on Aux 1-4? I’ll only be putting a header on AUX1 but knowing where the 5V & Ground is will save me the time of metering it out. Why reinvent the wheel?

Thank you

Here you go :smile:

Edit - added AUX5&6…

5 Likes

So appreciated! Thank you

Does this mean that M03, M04, and M05 are now active in GC and working on Aux1?

1 Like

I haven’t tried them myself, perhaps @skiz or @Bee can answer.

I haven’t tested it yet either. The note above shows 3 & 4 as the same function - “On”

It should be in the next build or in theory you can do a build form source now.

1 Like

Here is what I plan to do -

http://www.powerswitchtail.com/

2 Likes

That power tail has a relay or SSR, right?

@mooselake

Yes I believe it’s a relay.

I plan on having a emergency Stomp switch away from the work area. I have no desire to run toward something possibly flailing like an octopus on land. Just my thought.

Thank you

I plan to put a master shutoff switch next to the door out of the shop, hit it on the way out. Still need to figure out what that is, those mushroom eStop switches aren’t beefy enough and I’d prefer not to have an always energized relay. Wouldn’t trust one that only got powered at crisis time. Maybe a rope tied to the main circuit breaker handle with a red knob on the end?

1 Like

I think 3 & 4 turn the spindle on, 2, 5, 6 & 30 turn it off

It will be in next week’s release, or you can download the .zip if you’re impatient like me :smile: .

1 Like

That’s awesome! I hadn’t realized you had implemented those! Now I just have to solder a header on the board so I can use the M codes :smiley:

2 Likes

@skiz gets the credit here! He jumped right on it, and very thorough, too.

3 Likes

awesome! 123456789012

I just tried this with the new firmware and 98 build. The Aux 1 signal output seems to pulse and is not constant. I setup Macro 1 & 2 for on and off.I first hooked up a meter to the output and got a varying DC voltage. I then hooked up a AC/DC control relay from IORelay.com. (Its like the Power Tail). The control relay takes dc from 3.3 to 100v or ac for the control signal. The light I plugged into the Normally open outlet would flicker when set to spindle on. It would go off on spindle off. The voltage I am connecting to the relay is Signal and ground of Aux 1.

Any Ideas

1 Like