Got my Maslow in about a month ago and set 'er up, went through calibration(s), and started in on a few small ‘starter’ projects. Quickly, however, I decided to start in on a Bolger Bobcat sailboat:
I’ve built small, wooden ‘stitch and glue’ plywood boats before, and this was the first time I wanted to go from fully-digitized plans in CAD to CNC milling.
I recreated the blueprints in AutoCAD Fusion 360, going painstakingly over each measurement and offset to get virtual panels. I then created puzzle joints from freehand splines to ‘cut’ the virtual panels to lay them out on 4x8 plywood sheets.
Taking the plans to g-code in Fusion 360 was not too hard, thanks to the video tutorials out on the Web. From there, it was a matter of cutting the frames, the side, bottom and bilge panels and the other bits and pieces.