C-Beam Axis with Metal Maslow Sled

The new cable that came with the 100rpm motor has additional wires. I assume these are not needed? What settings do I need to change in Makerverse for the bigger z motor? Any idea what the Z-Axis “Resolution” should be?

Z axis 100 rpm motor tuning parameters

kp = 2000
ki = 150
kd = 0
z axis travel resolution 135.8 (repeatedly measured, calculated, measured, calculated after the pid was set)
z axis maximum rate = 2000
z axis acceleration = 50

the extra wires can be used to add a z axis touch probe. they are not needed, but can be useful.

Perfect! Have you wired the relay to the Due board?

sorry no, not sure if makerverse even supports that yet? Unfortunatley do not have my maslow set up again after a move.

Need help troubleshooting. I’ve got the right numbers in the system. However, the z axis doesn’t move, it just clicks and the shield of the due board is getting really hot. Is there a problem with my motor, or the board? or the cable? the motor is the 100rpm z axis from @metalmaslow and cable came with it. both just installed. the Due was working fine with the smaller z axis motor. I’m running makerverse

a hot board is bad. It sounds like something is jammed. If you take the belt off, can you easliy spin the lead screw to move the router up and down? will the motor work with the pulley off?

1 Like

you can easily test if it is a bad cable by swaping it with one of the xy motor cables. however it is more likely a mechanical issue if you hear clicking IMHO.

1 Like

The lead screw spins easily with the pully off.

This is the 100 RPM motor. I just got it from you guys. Different cable that the xy motors.

Where did you order the angle brackets?
And where did you get the cbeam from?
It seems that open builds has one for ~100$ and aliexpress has one for 24 with obscene shipping.

M

I got it from Metalmaslow.com

the connectors are the same and are not different than xy motors. can be swapped.
where is the clicking noise coming from? the gear box or the belt slipping?
check and see if motor runs fine without being attached to the belt.