I have been running this setup! I just recently got it all running and calibrated because I was in the process of building a show and did not have time to get this taken care of in the garage or the wife wouldn’t be happy haha. I will be adding some pictures! I love the thing! If you have any other questions about it please let me know.
Edit: I have also been looking at getting a new motor for the Z axis that is about 1/2 to 1/4 of the gearing ratio of the stock since there is very little friction with this setup I don’t think that I need the high torque gearing. Others with similar Z axis setups have said it significantly decreases cut times. That makes me happy!!
I designed the brackets in tinkercad and then printed them with PLA in my picture you can see I just recently got a new printer and am working out some of my extrusion issues so they are not perfect. I am also looking into some other filaments such as PLA HT like the proto pasta but not sure how well that will work. So far PLA has done the job just fine with some thread lock on each of the screws. I am also looking at other options such as making it out of HDPE or aluminum. But I love 3d prints because they are disposable and in a few hours I can make a new one and test a new design. You can see in the pictures I have updated those brackets some to make them a little more streamlined and make sure they cant ever hit the Maslow Ring.
I do use this, I have attached a picture that shows one of my cuts, you will notice the cirlcle isnt perfectly round that is because I was dumb and did a trace with easel just to see how it worked, I have now gotten an SVG and it looks much cleaner in the detailed preview.
I think this is a great option for any kind of router, just need to get a mount that works for your router and it should work just fine.
The only problem I have seen so far is I have not had the time to design a good dust collection option. I am still working on that in my (little) free time.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!