Cables tight, offset off, unusable calibration values for Maslow4

Hi,

I had an issue when issuing the retract all w/ only 2 cables retracting. After I bumped the current from 1300 to 1800, they all retracted.

I am on version 0.67 of f/w.

My first issue was that with a wooden frame of 10’x8’ my and the settings recommended in the video that my cables were super tight. They were so tight that it pulls the frame off the plywood on the top by about 1" on the top left and 1/2" off the plywood on the upper right.

I had some issues during calibration in the vertical configuration. I started with an angle of about 20 degrees off vertical and the upper left portion of the sled would pull about 1" off the plywood. The top right was about half of that. I tried increasing the angle off vertical to 35 degrees off vertical and it did the same thing.

I interrupted my calibration during the first pass on the left side to change the angle from 20 to 35 degrees off vertical. The calibration routine did not start again from the beginning (lower left) but continued from where it left off.

My final calibration results were deemed to be unusable. Here is the report:

Fitness: 0.4267775381206733 in 92700 cycles
WARNING FITNESS TOO LOW. DO NOT USE THESE CALIBRATION VALUES!
Calibration complete
Calibration values:
Maslow_tlX: -12.8
Maslow_tlY: 2422.8
Maslow_trX: 2937.8
Maslow_trY: 2415.4
Maslow_blX: 0.0
Maslow_blY: 0.0
Maslow_brX: 2940.5
Maslow_brY: 0.0

I did not change the current setting back from 1800 to 1300. Could this be part of the issue?

My last issue was that the sled was too high. The center of the sled would go about 1-2 " past the top of the plywood (which is centered) on the top and would only go down to about 1 foot from the bottom.

There is probably an offset to fix this??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There are separate settings for changing how hard the machine pulls while retracting the belts and how hard it pulls during calibration.

This is not great, but it’s not awful.

Do you have a picture of this? I’m having a hard time picturing it.

I wonder if this is the sled tipping again as it’s sliding along.

David Lang

I will work on getting a picture, but in the meantime, when it is doing the calibration, imagine that I had placed my plywood 1 ft too low. The sled moves around, but not centered on the plywood, which is centered in the frame. So when it gets to the top, 1/2 of the sled hangs off of the plywood, and on the bottom, the center of the sled only goes down to within 1 foot of the lower edge.

the tilt or pullup on the front of the sled is due to the tension on the lower cables being so strong that it overcomes the weight of the sled and pops up. I will also try to take a picture of this.

the tilt or pullup on the front of the sled is due to the tension on the lower cables being so strong that it overcomes the weight of the sled and pops up. I will also try to take a picture of this.

So the left top edge only pops up when the lower right belt tightens (vertical frame) during the calibration cycle.

your anchors should be at or below the height of the arms on the sled, so
however tight they pull, it should not be pulling up.

since the belts in opposite directions are at different heights, you can have a
bit of twisting if the belts in all directions are too tight, but that should
not be happening.

David Lang