Calibration/update issues

Tried to get my maslow4 working with the firmware update I updated all three files. Now it won’t retract or extend the belts at all gives an error 152. If I upload the old .yaml file it works but the calibration runs the sled off the sheet regardless of the offset value. Previously to the firmware update I had got as far as getting the calibration to work and give the updated frame values.

Any ideas?

1 Like

FluidNC error 152 means that it thinks that the configuration file is invalid and so it won’t actually boot all the way up. Basically it thinks that there is something so wrong with the config file that it’s using defaults instead which won’t let you actually do anything.

The first thing I would try is to unplug it and then plug it back in. I had the built in restart feature give me that error once.

If that doesn’t do it let’s start by looking at the maslow.yaml configuration file and see if there is anything weird in there.

It kind of sounds like you already figured out where the problem was which was good deduction.

If the restart doesn’t fix it let’s try this version and see if it’s the same:

Here is configuration file:

I’ll try 64.4 now

maslow9.yaml (2.0 KB)

Everything looks totally normal there to me :confused:

I had another thought on this. Was the 9 in the file name when it was uploaded to the machine? It’s going to look for a fille called “maslow.yaml” and the 9 could cause issues.

I don’t think that was the issue my computer just added the 9 when I downloaded the file. I did eventually get it a step further with version 64.4 and now I have it calibrated on last week’s update. One mistake I made was assuming the order of calibration results matched the order of the configuration sounds like that is automatic with the new update. Also I found it helpful to rig a hook and rope to hold the sled on the vertical frame while retracting-extending the belts.

The problem I am having now is the sled tilts making the cuts inaccurate. I built the frame right at 15 degrees its 12ftx8ft Rougly and I’m using a down cut bit. Do you think it’s a calibration issue or does the larger frame need more tilt?

1 Like

Caleb wrote:

The problem I am having now is the sled tilts making the cuts inaccurate. I
built the frame right at 15 degrees its 12ftx8ft Rougly and I¢m using a down
cut bit. Do you think it¢s a calibration issue or does the larger frame need
more tilt?

the down cut bit will push the sled away from the workpiece, that could be part
of the problem.

as the sled is tilting, is it tilting in the direction it’s moving (like the
nose of the sled is catching and the sled rotating around that)? That could be
that there is too much friction on the sled.

but first I’d try a straight or up cut bit to see if it’s just the bit pushing
you out.

David Lang

A strait bit did the trick with the tilting. It’s still not cutting square so I’m thing to run the calibration again as I can’t remember what accuracy rating it gave. But unfortunately my computer went to sleep before the cut was finished and now one of the belts is jammed. Seems like having the unit stop when it loses contact with the computer would be better than having it drop to the floor like it does.

1 Like

Yeah, it absolutely shouldn’t drop to the floor if the connection drops. I haven only seen it stop when it loses contact with the computer so I need to look into that.