Cupcake Display Project - FINISHED!

What depth/spacing for the Kerf?

@Jayster - All original :slight_smile:

I’ll post the files on the Garden once things settle down in project land.

4 Likes

Hey @bar, here’s the “finished version with cupcakes on it.”

The whole project worked out great, and we were able to slide the flat-packed stand into the back of my Impreza and piece it together on location in about 10 minutes. I can probably post this project to the garden this week since @Sharpsburg_Woodworke and @JWoody18 think they might be able to make use of the files.

The highest platform was for the Bride and Groom’s cake.

My wife made 8/11 of the different kinds of cupcakes. She’s pretty crafty with the pastries.

We also had a menu that guests could reference while making their decisions.

There’s a few things I’d tweak, but I’m pretty happy with the design given the time constraints of the project.

Thanks for reading!

19 Likes

Just stunning. I’ve still have to marry, I think you just gave my fiancee an idea :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Sorry @ScrumdyBum, I somehow missed this comment until now!

The depth was about 0.625in deep with a cut every 1/4in.
The blade was like 5/16in wide I believe.

With those settings, it was still pretty rigid at that radius, so I may have cut even deeper to increase flexibility, but I was trying to be conservative.

1 Like

This is beautiful. I need to make a series of display shelves for an upcoming craft show for my wife, and I’m going to use this design as inspiration.

2 Likes

That’s great! Feel free to message me with any questions you have about the process.
The plans I posted in the garden should be a pretty good starting point :slight_smile:

-J

2 Likes

Very cool. I just put mine together and I was wondering what you consider “standard speed”? Depth cuts at .15 sound great just trying to dial this bad boy in. Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @HomebrewHandy :slight_smile:
Can’t answer your question, but had to say hello.

Kind regards, Gero

1 Like

Howdy! Thanks for the greeting. How’s your cnc…ing going?

2 Likes

On ice, sadly, lack of time and burnt out. Catching up soon with 3 years gathered holiday i hope.
Kindly share any doubts, bugs, progress, projects and ideas (how crazy they might be). The community thrives on feedback. See you soon (bed time).
Kind regards, Gero

3 Likes