Dewalt router with ring style Z-axis

@matmaxgeds, do keep us informed if you build one of these!

2 Likes

@blurfl will do - I had initially asked because I was compiling a sheet of all the routers with working z-axis solutions and so wanted to know if this was a viable option, but my Maslow should ship this week and a ring-adjust Dewalt is definitely an option - also because it appears to be one of the few options available both sides of the Atlantic that would also fit inside the standard size triangular linkage options so would become a strong candidate to become the default router if this method works i.e. fast enough, not too much slop, reasonably priced etc.

However, I think @thatoneguydavid designed it for a Dewalt DWP611 which has a 16,000 rpm minimum and a plunge of 1.5 inches, i.e. double the Ridgid rpm, with less plunge so I think not worth it. You have to step up to the Dewalt DW618 to get an 8,000 rpm minimum but my hunch (also from the pictures) is that it must require a much larger ring - that is the next thing to find out but will have to wait until I am not travelling for work, and can find a store that carries both modelsā€¦unless anyone else knows? It the ring is bigger, then it would need redesigning, and resizing it, whilst maintaining the tooth dimensions etc is beyond my capacity.

3 Likes