Dewalt router with ring style Z-axis

Hi,

Does anyone here know what happened to the idea of using this style of router with a 3D printed ring as shown here for the motorised z-axis?

I am guessing it was on the old forums perhaps? Was it not secure or accurate enough? Did the 3D printing not work out?

Thanks,

Matt

2 Likes

I think that is a 618 in the first photo and DWP-611 in the video. A quick search of Thingiverse -

but I don’t see it.

Thank you

My understanding is that the guys who built that were a product design group out of Seattle. They were interested in taking the Maslow idea and making a more commercialized version, but I haven’t heard from them in a while.

Messaging them on YouTube might prompt an update

Aha - will let everyone know if the message works - he says that he posted them on his thread on the old forums - but the link for those no longer seems to work?

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too. I haven’t been able to reference the old forums for awhile now. We had talked about trying to get as much information from the old forums to the GitHub wiki, but I’m guessing this was something that got missed.

I downgraded the forums to the free version with the idea that they would exist for ever as the free forums (no private messages or moderators I think was the old sacrifice), but the company got rid of their free tier it looks like. I never got an email or anything :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Does anyone have a direct link to the old forums? it might be possible to get at it with the wayback machine. But I need a URL to check on the wayback machine.

Thank you

This thread from awhile back now has some direct links. Do you want to give those a try?

OK - no wayback - backups before 7/2017

:frowning:

Thank you

1 Like

@bar Could we all chip in to restore the muut forums for the the minimum period needed to take a backup, and save it somewhere else? It appears to be USD 16 a month, and there appears to be a json backup option, and from that point of safety, at a minimum we could text search the json file, or dump it to some other more useful static file, or another database etc.

I am guessing that the 3d print file I am after here was a link in the forums, otherwise we would also need to figure out what happens to all the photo’s / uploads i.e. if there is a separate backup for them.

2 Likes

Yes, we can absolutely do that. I will let you know when they are back up.

3 Likes

Cool, perhaps after the upcoming busy week! I am a March-lister so want you to be as free as possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can we export the boards to JSON or HTML and post it to a public GitHub repository? They provide search functions and it would be a manageable solution without a lot of work.

I’d be happy to write a converter and sanitizer, if one doesn’t already exist for muut.

1 Like

@bar posted a json dump here. Can you work with that?

1 Like

Yeah, working on it now.

4 Likes

I think this is the thread we’re looking for. The link to the gear is here

Many thanks @Phil, for putting up a searchable archive!

4 Likes

And the gear STEP file, for folks without a GrabCad account…
64-TOOTH-.50mm_ID.STEP (842.0 KB)
Cap-64-TOOTH-.50mm_ID.STEP (994.3 KB)

And in STL format
64-TOOTH-.50mm_ID.stl (401.5 KB)
Cap-64-TOOTH-.50mm_ID.stl (423.6 KB)

3 Likes

fantastic - thanks @phil and @blurfl and great (for people who joined later like me) to have recovered the old forums in the process

2 Likes

I’ve recovered the shared file from Grab Cad - Do you just need the file? You have a 3D printer and can use a .STEP file?

@blurfl beat me to the post - LOL

Thank you

@phil

Great Work!

Thank you

1 Like