Does calibration work of vrrtical frame is on an inline. So not level?

I received the lumber for making my frame. When i saw video on vertical calibration. I began to question what would happen to calibration if the frame was on an incline. So one belt wad supporting more weight than the other. Kind of like standing on 2 weight scales. It is difficult to equal weight on both scales.
I would like to know your opinion, i need to get started on frame soon.

Martha

1 Like

Good question. The calibration process has two modes vertical and horizontal.

Vertical mode should be used at any angle where if you let go of the machine it will slide down from gravity.

Horizontal mode should be used at any angle where if you set the sled down it won’t slide away under its own weight.

I’d bet that the transition from one to the other is about 45 degrees.

What i sm wondering is in vertical mode is one side is at a different altitude due to slope of the ground. How much will that affect the calibration. I.E. do i need to put a level on the frame and shim to level.

Martha

Ah gotcha!

That should not matter at all. If the whole frame is tilted 20 degrees but still flat (not bent) then you should be totally good.

That abgle will depend on how much friction between surface and sled. Some surfaces might be able to use vertical at 15 deg from horizontal. High friction surfaces might need the higher angle like 45 deg. I am beleiving horizontal would give better valibration than vertical on uneven ground. Our mobile home park slopes probably 10ft from entrace to far side. The orher angle has a slope but is less. Using inside is not possible. Deck is levem but maximum size would be about 4ft by 4ft. As deck is 10x10 but one corner has a 45 deg angle due to clearance from road. So one leg would be considerably shorter.

Martha

1 Like