Feedrate faster than what z axis can keep up with?

Hey guys, Im having a problem when trying to cut out names, it looks all good on ground control but when its actually moving in between letter to letter it’ll cut the construction lines also, i use fusion 360 and i have lowered the cutting feedrate and still have the same problem! Its supposed to say DIXIE

2 Likes

Are you using the Maslow post processor for Fusion?
https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts?p=maslowcnc

Do you have user rights to upload the .nc file so we can check if it is in the gcode or perhaps a Z-axis not functioning as it should?

3 Likes

Yep, i have the post processor, I’m on my phone headed to work right now but when I get back to the house I’ll see if I can upload it

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I might be in bed by then :slight_smile: but Maslowians cover all time zones around the planet and will help.

3 Likes

I just found an old post where someone had the same exact problems ive been experiencing and they concluded that reducing the _KI value fixed the problem

1 Like

Please do - it’s easier to understand what’s happening when the gcodes are available.

2 Likes

Just because replies increase your user status :slight_smile: I reply! (and like, but not sure if that helps)

1 Like

1001456.nc (282.9 KB)

1 Like

also found this post that is very similar to my problem

Thanks for uploading the file. The first thing I notice is that all the lines to line 130 have positive values for Z. On the Maslow it is assumed that the zero point of the Z axis is the surface of the material to be cut, and that negative values are below the surface (making chips). This means that none of those first lines would ‘make chips’.:thinking:
Throughout the file, there are whole blocks with Z values greater than zero. It might be that one or more setting in the post-processor isn’t set right.
Do give the Maslow post-processor for Fusion a try, I think that might give better results.

2 Likes

Ive been using the maslow post processor

1 Like

By just looking at the file in CAMotics I see several issues.
They could be related to how and where you set the surface height of the workpiece.
This post has some infos: Fusion 360 confusion

The letters are higher then the heart and the map. The X has some strange ‘stepdown’ only on the upper right angle. The E has a ‘helix hole?’ and only 2 complete cut paths, the heart has that ‘hole’ also.
I guess you need to reconfigure the heights like in the post I linked.

1 Like

So, i just changed the clearance and retact heights to what they recommended in the post, do yoy think that that was my problem?

You can check it using this web page. Use that to compare to your first file. This tool clearly shows what @Gero was talking about with that first one.