File Size to large?

I have a 7MB file that will not open in ground control. It is the finishing pass file. The roughing file runs fine. I ran the file through a gcode viewer and it ran fine. I cannot get Makerverse to work correctly (has something to do with the it not working with the setup I have. I am waiting on the M2 upgrade kit). So how do i get ground control to open this file or split the file into smaller parts?

Unfortunately I think this is the best option. Fortunately that isn’t too hard to do. You can open a gcode file with any regular text editor.

If you post the first 20 or so lines of the file and then about 20 lines around where you want to split it I can show you how. Gcode is designed to be a human readable file so it actually isn’t too tricky.

yes, please show me so I can get this finished. Here is the file.

(Attachment imported_gcode.nc is missing)

is there a way I can send you the file? I tried but it said it was too large

I don’t think the whole file will work, but if you open it in a text editor you should be able to copy and paste just the lines we need into a regular post

I have a file, that only works in web control and ground control. it seems to big for makerverse. it is simple really it just cuts the letter B. that said I wanted some really fine detail so I used a 1/8in bit and I’m doing adaptive clearing with a 1mm offset. I make the CAD in FreeCAD then used the Post I found on here. it added…

(Exported by FreeCAD for MaslowCNC)
(Post Processor: PathScripts.post.maslow_post)
(Output Time:2021-01-13 12:51:25.694782)
(begin preamble)
G90
M3
G21
(begin operation: B)
(Path: B)
(Adaptive001)
(helix to depth: -1.000000)

To the beginning

and

G0 Z5.0000
(finish operation: B)
(begin postamble)
M5
G90
; M30

To the End

I included the G0 command at the end because I thought it would be a good idea for what you are wanting to do. In doing so it would mean at the beginning of the next file you would need to G1 z-? f? to the depth you need to cut. Where G1 is move at feed rate. Everything inside of () are comments only.

G90 tells the Maslow each command is relative to home (absolute) not the current position. so a following G0 x5 y5 would move the spindle 5 right of home and 5 above home. if this was G91 followed by G0 x5 y5 the spindle would move right 5 up 5 based on where you are currently at.

M3 - spindle on
G21 - all dimensions are in MM
G20 - all dimensions are in IN

G1 - Move at Feed rate

G0 - is rapid travers
M5 - Spindle Stop
G90 - set Units metric mm
M30 - end of program not needed on the maslow and commented out

1 Like

Thank you so much I will give it a try.

| buck2825
March 8 |

• | - |

I have a file, that only works in web control and ground control. it seems to big for makerverse. it is simple really it just cuts the letter B. that said I wanted some really fine detail so I used a 1/8in bit and I’m doing adaptive clearing with a 1mm offset. I make the CAD in FreeCAD then used the Post I found on here. it added…

(Exported by FreeCAD for MaslowCNC)
(Post Processor: PathScripts.post.maslow_post)
(Output Time:2021-01-13 12:51:25.694782)
(begin preamble)
G90
M3
G21
(begin operation: B)
(Path: B)
(Adaptive001)
(helix to depth: -1.000000)

To the beginning

and

G0 Z5.0000
(finish operation: B)
(begin postamble)
M5
G90
; M30

To the End

I included the G0 command at the end because I thought it would be a good idea for what you are wanting to do. In doing so it would mean at the beginning of the next file you would need to G1 z-? f? to the depth you need to cut. Where G1 is move at feed rate. Everything inside of () are comments only.

G90 tells the Maslow each command is relative to home (absolute) not the current position. so a following G0 x5 y5 would move the spindle 5 right of home and 5 above home. if this was G91 followed by G0 x5 y5 the spindle would move right 5 up 5 based on where you are currently at.

M3 - spindle on
G21 - all dimensions are in MM
G20 - all dimensions are in IN

G1 - Move at Feed rate

G0 - is rapid travers
M5 - Spindle Stop
G90 - set Units metric mm
M30 - end of program not needed on the maslow and commented out