GC shut down when opening a gcode file

Im new to this CNC thing but im looking forward to improve my skils, and learn from you guys. Im having trouble when opening the gcode file cretaed from makercam.com on GC, for some reasson the GC shut down every time that i try to open the only gcode file that i have trough Launch Ground Control.

Please help

Hmmm that is a bummer. The first thing I would recommend doing is checking out Web Control.

It might get you up and running without any fuss and honestly it’s better at this point.

@Fede19 test you gcode using NCViewer
https://ncviewer.com/

If it works there then please post your gcode here using the ‘up arrow’ icon in comment editor.
Also let us know:

• What version of GC you are using?
  • What is it running on ? (e.g. Raspberry Pi)

Hi thanks for the riply in this virus crisis.
the gcode that im using is the sled that comes free to download in the webpage, im using a Arduino Mega 2560 that comes standard with the maker made cnc kit (https://www.makermadecnc.com/product/maslow-cnc-ready-to-ship/)
the GC Iis GroundControl-Windows.Portable.v1.26

thanks

i did open it on ncviewer, and all good, also im able to open the folders gcodeForTesting but fr some reason wene try to open the sled the GC crashes.

Good advice, i did try it but i can not find the .ini file to uploded to the web control serttings, can you give me a hint?

Absolutely,

This thread should have answers for all different operating systems:

Please help!!!

I relly want to start building things, but the GC keep crashing every time that i try to open a .nc file done eather on makercam, Easel or any other, i eaven try to convert a .dxf file from autocad to makercam and then to .nc but didnt worked eather.

The only files that im able to opnen in GC and sucsefully cut on the machine are the ones standard with the GC, a gear and a dragon part (i think)

Please help

THANKS

THANKS

@Fede19

WebControl and GroundControl are two different software packages that do the same thing.

If you do not have a groundcontrol.ini file from before then you just need to run calibration and it will create a new one.

GroundControl Calibration

WebControl Calibration
On top menu select Help → Getting started
And start from “If you are starting anew:”

1 Like

Ok, as @tinker and @bar said, instead of trying to solve the GC problem that i have, i just try to open the files trough WebControl, but due to my rooki status im find some troubles that i list here in order.
1.- Couldnt find the .ini file, but it wasnt fatal i just did the calibration again.
2- Once the Web Control was calibrated i was unable to upload files, or at leat i dont know if im doing it right, i go to, g-code>upload file>select file to upload ( but every time that i seelect a .nc file it dosnt appear in the upload window that im using.
3.-Thinking that mabe the file it is uploaded but i just dont show on the window i go to G-code>open>select file and i can se how the file that i selected is on the text box, then i go to sumbit but i dosnt open on the webcontrol

the help Will be apreciated

THANKS

This is because of a recent change that allowed you to select multiple files… I need to work on the code a bit to populate the text in that box. But as you discovered, it did upload.

Which version of webcontrol are you using? Also, if you go to File-> Edit/View Gcode do you see gcode there?

@Fede19, please upload the gcode files you are trying. Use the “up arrow” icon in comment editor (almost in middle of menu bar).

but every time that i seelect a .nc file it dosnt appear in the upload window that im using.

When you upload a file in Webcontrol it should open immediately and display the cutting paths. The ‘choose file’ text may not get replaced with filename after selecting the file. But when you click submit it should upload and open it.

i go to G-code>open>select file and i can se how the file that i selected is on the text box, then i go to sumbit but i dosnt open on the webcontrol

If the file is listed there; that means it was uploaded. I suspect that there is a problem with the file.

yes i do se code here, i think is the instructions

part.nc (311.0 KB)

part.nc (311.0 KB)

aparently is all good

go to help->about and report the version number directly under the WebControl title.

Im using webcontrol-0.929-win64-singledirectory

Try upgrading to v0.931. Go to Help->Update and pick the one in blue.

Version v0.929