I am having pretty good luck working with FreeCad 21 using the Gbrl post processor to my Upgraded Maslow M2. There are a few problems with the standard Gbrl_post.py. The M3 command is inserted and the MakerVerse software locks the system up (comment it out) manually with Notepad, or modify the Gbrl_post.py. The next problem is the tool change command M6, it is not understood ( I change it to M0 with Notepad.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. As a long-time (though recently inactive) FreeCAD user, I could see using this chain for my future Maslow work. One question, is “Freehand” in the topic title a typo?
Autocorrect hits again, you are correct. I sent a note to support. Hope they can fix it.
I have used FreeCad with my 3D printer for several years. When I started to use the Maslow the designs were good but there were a lot of problems translating it to code for the Maslow. With the upgrade to an M2 and the change to MakerVerse the path process improved.
I can do simple pockets but complex pockets error out. The speeds and feeds are slow but very consistent. I think a tunned Maslow M2 Grbl post processor is the next step. Grbl works but lets codes through that the Maslow Duo doesn’t understand.
I use FreeCAD (not tried the v21 yet) since many years now, and use it for most of my Maslow projects CAD and CAM. I also use the grbl post processor, I know there are some functions in the GCODE that are ignored by Maslow (I use GroundControl), but I never really paid attention as it was not blocking. Can you precise the kind of errors you encounter with complex pocket for example ?
There were several problems M6 tool change sometimes acts as a pause. At other times it seems to act as a hard stop. I just. Avoid it and use the pause.
I also had problems with errors that were not explained. I tried $20=0 but I continued to get out of limits. The gcode seemed to be correct. I am not positive but I may have instructed the machine to make a turn to tight. My other thought was that having line numbers in the code may have somehow confused MakerVerse. The problems don’t always happen at the same point. I finished the project and still have not found the answer.
My pocket problem doesn’t occur on rectangular or round pockets. I just confuse the MakerVerse with elaborate pockets that you might get when cutting out a sign.
I continue to try new things, and won’t give up easily.