Software: Ground Control 1.24 and 1.26
OS: Windows 7
Computer: Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop (kept around as better than nothing spare)
Was just trying to calibrate after initial build.
Initially GC 1.24 with Firmware 1.26. Warning was issued about version mismatch but I proceeded. GC stopped responding after some progress to the goal and I aborted the program. I repeated this cycle several times.
So, about that version mismatch. Loaded GC 1,26 and my antivirus threw a malware warning and refused to run it, (This PC uses my internet provider’s antivirus software). I copied that GC 1.26 image to a USB stick and later launched it on a different PC with different antivirus software and there was no complaint but that didn’t help progress in the shop. (I would rate the original malware complaint as concerning but not critical)
So I loaded Firmware 1.24 and used it with GC 1.24 and was able to cajole everything through calibration.
The software behavior seemed to be that if I tried to step backwards from the current step or change an entry that GC would stop responding,
The version mismatch may not have been responsible as I became very careful about my entries. I did manage to make the sled move with a manual entry, but still haven’t made a cut.
Unfortunately, that one move created enough slack to allow the slack chain to fall under the operating chain. That doesn’t seem like a good thing to happen. And. Is also covered in a different forum.