Hello from Austin Tx

I’m new to the Forum and Maslow. I’ve got some other CNC machines however. Plenty I don’t know about machining. Looking to connect with others in Austin.

3 Likes

@Junkman

Welcome to our group. What other CNC machines do you have?

Thank you

Hey, I’m in Austin. Ex-Techshop person into all sorts of CNC tooling.

1 Like

If you get a chance could you give me a call tomorrow. I’m in need of some CNC know how. I’ve got a machine with a 17’ X 24" Z and 36" Y. I trade you some cut time for some help. I’ve also got a 20’X by 4’Z CNC Hotwire cutter.

Thanks,
Tom

I’ve got a 3axis machine that’s set up to cut foam primarily. It’s got a 17’ X 36" Y and a 24" Z. I’m wanting to change it into more of a prototyping tool and less of a production tool. I’ve also got a 2axis CNC Hotwire cutter that will take a 20’x4’ block.

Thanks,
Tom

My brother inlaw had a cnc hot wire I did a project on. I’m looking for my pictures. He had a business making structural foam. He sold the business before moving to Texas.

Thank you

If he’s in Austin he should look me up. I’m always interested in learning from others.

2 Likes

Sure thing. Not an expert but if I can help, you got it

4 Likes

I think we have a nice growing group of Austin folks here! I’m looking forward to connecting with you!

2 Likes

I’m not too far away, in San Antonio, Far north side. This will be my first CNC router, but I have a small 3d printer (Monoprice Mini Delta) and the parts from another (Robo 3D Kickstarter edition) which never really worked well. Now I have to make room in the garage to build my frame, and will be waiting to order a ring kit.

3 Likes

Here is my 1 and only hotwire project.

not sure if you saw it.

Thank you

2 Likes

Tailgating with style!!!

1 Like

Junkman, are you still in Austin? My Maslow is on order for this next shipment, would like to meet others in the group before it arrives.
–Jim Temple

I don’t know why I just saw this. I’d love to see your machine and learn more about it.

Tom
512-695-2277

No worries. We just moved out to Cedar Creek (vicinity of 71 and 21) about a month ago. The garage is still jam packed with sh…tuff. I haven’t had a chance to set it up yet.

Where are you located?

Jim

Steiner.

Thanks,

Tom Haney

Owner, TukTuk Boards

+1 512 695 2277

www.tuktukboards.com

Follow us on Instagram!

@tuktukboards

SURF, WAKESURF, & SUP BOARDS

MADE IN THE USA

LIVE LIFE OUTSIDE

Im in austin, central near hyde park. Happy to connect

Do you happen to use corell?

Thanks,

Tom Haney

Owner, TukTuk Boards

+1 512 695 2277

www.tuktukboards.com

Follow us on Instagram!

@tuktukboards

MADE IN THE USA

LIVE LIFE OUTSIDE

Hi ya’ll, man, you guys are really into this stuff, I’ve just started getting my feet wet, but i’m on the south east side of austin, got my maslow set up and got a few cuts and projects under my belt now, would be awesome to connect with ya’ll.

I’d love to

Thanks,

Tom Haney

Owner, TukTuk Boards

+1 512 695 2277

www.tuktukboards.com

Follow us on Instagram!

@tuktukboards

MADE IN THE USA

LIVE LIFE OUTSIDE