Unplug usb then reconcect after 1min
Switch off power to shield then switch on after 1min
Restart ground control
Recalibrate

I need to log off now
Im sure someone in your time zone will give u the help u need

1 Like

Thank you @Dru

Well, now it will not respond at all. I’m done for the night. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try again.

Hi @Adam_Epps . It is definitely frustrating getting started, we’ve all been there. Where do things stand now? I saw your picture of the motor test and that only the left motor, “direction 1” failed but the others were good. I know you checked the cables but I feel like this could be a wiring issue, especially since there was a change after checking them last. Try unplugging everything, including USB and arduino power, plug back in and do the motor test. If the result is the same, swap cables.

Rgr that. @Dru suggested tthe same, about the connections. I’ll do that again and leave it unplugged until I get home from work. I’ll let you know how it goes this evening.

1 Like

Hi @Adam_Epps,

I’ve just noticed on your last picture that you seem to have the GC and firmware not matching.
It says firmware version 1.24.

1 Like

Could it be that simple… smh

Your sled does not look more heavy then others.
It’s worth to match the versions of GC and FW like @LuisP said.

One more option to use at own risk and only if the ‘Test motors/Encoders’ passes all tests!:
Click in GC on ‘Settings’, then on the grey top bar on the title 'Maslow Settings. A hidden (because you should not play with those numbers) menu should show up with the options for advanced settings.
In the menu scroll to the bottom to ‘Position Error Limit’ and change from the 2 to 10 or 20 to see if that makes a difference. This should only be done if all other error sources are ruled out.

Kind regards, Gero

Good catch!

@Adam_Epps definitely make sure they match. This may not be the issue since the differences between versions this close together can be small but it’s best practice.

1 Like

It’s probably difficult to tell what the firmware mismatch causes. I would start with that.
Don’t forget that, whenever you get the “sled not keeping up…” message, you have to press stop. Otherwise the sled will not move again.

2 Likes

Everyone, thank you for your assistance on this. I’m going to download the updated firmware and software. Then hook it up and run the test as advised. I’ll let yall know how it goes.

Thank you all. She started running again. I need to re calibrate her, but that’s easy enough to do.

2 Likes

Well spoke to soon. ThThe firmware went back to 1.24. I tried to reinstall, but this is now the message I get.

adamepps@gmail.com, please hit me up if yall have the time, I’ll give my number out to you and maybe you can hand walk me through this. SMH

the firmware cannot change itself (there’s not enough storage on the arduino to
hold two versions), so the upgrade to the new version must not have worked, try
again and then at the end, power everything down and then power it up to check
that it is reporting the correct version

David Lang

1 Like

@WoodCutter4 @Dru @Gero @LuisP @UNUS_TRESQUATRO @Gero @dlang
Thank you thank you thank you thank you guys. I ran her tonight without turning the router on. OMG she is perfect. I’ll start cutting in the next couple of days.

6 Likes

one item made huge difference for me. I sanded bottom of sled and used floor wax to make it slide better. I do recommend holey calibration. JR

1 Like

Rgr that. I’ll make it smooth. What do you mean by holey calibration?

search for the topic holey triangular calibration

it’s a fork of both GC and the firmware that takes into account some sources of
error that the stock firmware doesn’t, and has a different way of doing the
calibration (it drills 6 holes and has you take 12 measurements).

The changes will probably get merged into stock at some point, but that will
take some manpower (and a little more testing) that’s people haven’t had time
for yet. (volunteers welcome)

David Lang

2 Likes