Help with firmware

Now we all know what software development company employs spammers and should be avoided. A good software developer does their homework and knows that posting in a hobby CNC router forum to boost their SEO ratings only shows incompetence.

1 Like

For anyone confused by that last message, there was a spam response but it’s been deleted and the poster suspended

They just consider the source, a swamp rat infested old moose :slight_smile:

Somebody thought we’d have a high demand for offshore software developers, and followed the usual pattern. Sign up, make an innocuous post or two to make sure they can, then start spamming. In many cases they’re trying to boost their search engine rank by increasing the number of links to their site, and we’re just collateral damage.

1 Like

switched my wires and I still fail. Going to remove the Mega and see if I see anything wrong. Good place to buy a replacement?

The on light is green L is yellow and the TX and RX are flashing I assume those are ok showing a transfer of data but I an not sure what L is? I will do some research.

Just read another post on this and I think I am plugging in power to the wrong place. Not to the controller but to the mega. Going to try that and get back and post results.

1 Like

That was part of it. I get one motor to turn only. When I swap connections on the controller the other motor will turn. Possibly a bad cable?

1 Like

It could be, we can test that. What happens if you swap just the cables? Does the issue move with the cable or does it stay on the same side?

I will get to that maybe this week I am busy for a few days but i will post later when I can test it. It isn’t easy to move cables and such as i have the unit wall mounted on hinges so I need to move cars out and lift it to get to the controller.

1 Like

After testing it seems my cables are good and likely a controller is not. No matter what I plug into mp3 i get nothing mp1 works with all cables. How do I know if it’s the maker made V1.2b or if it’s the arduino mega 2560? I don’t have any test equipment and wouldn’t know what to look for as far as readings go if I did. Still not tested mp2 as I assumed after reading it was z axis. Didn’t want to buy all new controllers but I will if needed.

The odds are that it’s the MakerMade board since they tend to break more than the Mega’s do. I’d send them an email and see if they can help get you a new controller board

I sent in a request for help. I might just buy the newest board later if this doesn’t pan out. Thanks

1 Like

I wanted to say thanks for the help getting my issue resolved. The new board did the trick. I have had it moving but I do not have it calibrated just yet since I am in a non heated garage and my son in law borrowed the laptop with all of my programs and NC code on it. I will post some results when it warms up and I can get back to it. Thanks.

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear it! :grinning: