Importance of Height Of Motors Above Worksurface

With the new calibration routine that measures the distance of a cut below the top edge of the worksurface, how important is the measurement during Step 5 that measures the height of the motors above the worksurface? Is it critical now? I ask because my chain does not “hang” straight down from the sprocket because I pushed the slack idler out as far as I could so as to get the most wrap around the sprocket. When the chain hangs off the sprocket, it bumps into the idler (never does under normal cutting). I didn’t worry about it before because it just sets the center of the worksurface. Does the new cal routine use this value in anyway? I’m sitting here on Step 5…

1 Like

I’ve been through the v1.03 calibration routine a half dozen times (triangular linkage) and skipped that step every time. My experience is that Step5 isn’t needed for a triangular linkage calibration setup.

2 Likes

Thanks… Pretty quick response :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the new triangular calibration figures out that height, so that step needs to be
removed/ignored

1 Like

what was that discussion about needing a different communication tool to provide
real-time responses? :smiley:

2 Likes

I timed it… 5 minutes

3 Likes